Silent Siren: Chapter 5

Please play the song above, this chapter is heavily based on it and it will add to the story. __________________________________

Her breath was ragged as she clutched onto Jake's chest, like her life depended on it.

"It's okay Seala, their gone," he assured her. Stroking her silver hair, lovingly. The wings had vanished.

Seala didn't look away from the waterline. Her eyes still focused on the ripples that slowly disappeared. Why would her sisters trick her like that?

And why did she keep hearing this ticking in her head? Like her entire body was screaming for her to use her vocal chords. Maybe it were her vocal chords that were ticking like this. Like strings that were pulled too tight.

She slowly got to her feet, still leaning on Jake. The ground was slippery from the water that had quickly frozen up around them.

"Seems like you still need me," he chuckled.

Need him?

"I mean, where would you be without me?"

Without him?

Seala searched his eyes, trying to figure out why he was saying such weird things. His tone suggested he was implying something else, but what? What could he possibly want from her? Why did everyone seem to want something from her? First her sisters, and now Jake. Couldn't they all just let here be at peace, for once.

Seala examined Jake's face closer, hoping it could tell her something more about his intentions, about him. He had been nothing but kind to her, he never let her out of his sight, always keeping her hidden whenever they were in public. Like he wanted her all to himself.

Then it clicked in Seala's mind, he did want her all to himself. She felt tentalations in the pit of her stomach, the moment she realized this. Was this human food making her sick or something?

Jake's body was suddenly way too close for her to think straight, and her head was spinning. His heat was overwhelming, his scent infatuating. She looked up to his face, that was now mere inches away from hers.

No, Seala quickly backed away from him, covering her mouth with her hands. He couldn't kiss her, why would he want to kiss her?

"Oh, sorry. I uh, yeah.. I don't know what came over me," Jake sputtered, embarrassed by her sudden rejection.

She stood there, eyes wide with confusion, body shaking like a leaf. This was the opposite of what he wanted, he had to make her realize he would protect her.

"Listen Seala, you don't have to be afraid of me," he started, "I will never hurt you."

Jake carefully took one step towards her. "I know where you can be safe. We can run away together, get away from here."

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Together, you and me can be the greatest team there ever was."

Her eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"Have you ever thought about the possibilities?"

Her shoulders relaxed.

Just one more step,"With your voice you make anyone do whatever you want!"

Wait, what?

He grabbed her wrists, and brought them to his chest. "My heart is yours, you will never be alone again."

Seala could feel his heart beating rapidly through his sweater. He was being sincere, but her throbbing head and acing feet blocked her ability to think straight.