Proposal

Chapter-6

Arman's Pov:(new character)

Yr Ammi ap meri shaadi key pechey kyu parhi huee hain? I ask her angrily while she continued to show me the pictures of random girls
Beta kab tak yuhi bethey rahogey, mere umer ka kiya bharosa kab Allah bula ley, she says softly patting my head.
Oh ho Ammi aise baatain toh mat kerain, fine I will come with you to see the girl, I whisper softly while pecking her cheek.
Thankyou Arman, she smiles warmly.

********

Ahmed cancel today's meetings I wont be able to come today as I have to go somewhere I say while picking my files and keeping them in the locker.
Okay Sir, he says and leaves my room.
Grabbing my car keys I ignite the engine and go back to my home to get ready.

Anum's Pov:

Bright sunlight penerated through my windows and lit up my room. I stretched lazily on my bed and my room door opened revealing khala with a tray of breakfast and juice.
AssalamOAilekum, I smile and hugg her
WalikumAssalam, she patts my head.
How are you feeling now? She asks
I am fine, I give her a warm smile.

Anum mujhey tumsey kuch baat kerni hai? Khala says holding my hand in hers
Jee bolye, I smile
A proposal has come for you and the family wants to meet you today, she says
What? Proposal? A sudden wave of shiver runs down my spine and his face flashed in my mind.
Please meet them for once I wont force you but please beta sirf aik dafa, she literally pleads.
Okay dont worry, I smile fakely.
She walks out of my room leaving me there in a major tension.

Hussain tumney yeh kiya kerdiya. Ajj tumhari jagah koi aur anjaan shaks mujhey dekhey ga.
Mujhey kabhi nahi pta thaa yeh sub bhi meri zindagi mai hoga. Khuda janey yeh kaise azamaish hai mere.

I wipe my tears which ran down my eyes unknowingly. I roll down my bed and go towards the wardrobe to find something good to wear.
Suddenly my eyes caught a white kameez with some flowers embroidered on it,
Jab koi special occasion hona toh tum yeh suit pehna! His words rang in my ears and I ran my fingers on the dress.
Taking a short shower, I dress up and comb my long straight hair.
Hussain tumhari bhut yaad ati hai.
Tum kyu nahi ajatey.

***********

They are here get ready and come down, khala says patting my head softly.
Applying some light lipgloss, and eyeliner to cover up my swollen eyes I was ready.
With my heavy heart I took baby steps outside my room fidling with my fingers.
Bauhat pyaari lag rahi ho, hussain says from behind. I turn around to find no one.
Smile pagal, again he whispers in my ear.

Kyu tum her jagah dekhtey ho mujhey.
I walk towards the people sitting there.
AssalamOAilekum, I greet everyone and smile.
Come here sit with me a lady aged in her 40'z gestured me to come and I sat down uncomortably feeling everyone's gaze on me.
MashAllah shez really beautiful Aunty says running her hand through my hairs.
And this is my son Arman, she points towards her son. Hi, he waves with a smile
Hi, I whisper back trying to smile.

 Hi, he waves with a smileHi, I whisper back trying to smile