Chapter 2: Main Meals & Dying Ducks

Начните с самого начала

I hope she goes to the very back of the plane.

"Good morning Mr. Styles," a voice breaks my concentration, "welcome aboard."

"Please call me Harry...uh," I say as I smile at the flight attendant, before glancing down at her name tag, "Carla."

"If you insist...Harry," she returns my smile with enthusiasm, "lovely day for flying isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah I guess," I reply.

No different than any other day really.

"You know," she lowers her voice, "I really shouldn't say but I'm a massive fan of yours..."

Of course.

"Thank you," I smile and nod, "I appreciate it."

She lays her hand on my arm and normally it wouldn't bother me but nowadays it does.

"You should make your way to your seat Harry," she gives my arm a gentle squeeze, "the pilot will want to take off rather shortly."

"Thanks," I say before I head back to where Beth is seated with Carla right behind me.

I move to sit next to Beth but Carla puts her arm on mine again to stop me.

"Oh the seatbelt isn't working on that seat, you'll have to sit elsewhere," she says, "I'm terribly sorry."

Beth's head snaps around and the smile on her face is tight.

I go to protest but she waves me off.

"Just sit over there Harry, it's fine," she says, but again, her smile doesn't seem to quite reach her eyes.

I let out a sigh, a mixture of annoyance and disappointment before resigning myself to the fact and sit across the aisle from Beth, putting my leather carry-on bag between my feet before buckling my seatbelt.

I jump in surprise when a couple of hands touch mine, pulling the belt tighter.

Much tighter than I would like.

I look up to see Carla's chest and quickly move my gaze up higher, only to see her smiling at me again before standing up, completely oblivious to my discomfort of having her tits in my face.

I politely decline her offer of a drink and watch as she nods before walking off.

Thank god.

I look over at Beth, only to find her with her arms crossed and a glare on her face.

Surely it couldn't be over Carla.

I mean, she has nothing on my Beth.

"Beth," I call out to her.

Nothing.

"Beth!" I say a little louder, finally gaining her attention.

"What?" she asks in a short tone.

Okay.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Are you serious?" she replies, "you genuinely have no idea?"

I don't and I shake my head to indicate as such.

"The way she treated me compared to you just then was ridiculous and the fact she was practically in your lap just then...I mean..." she trails off, "I got no welcome smile, no offer of a drink then and nor did she feel the need to touch me," she says before turning and looking out the window.

She's angry because she didn't get a drink?

Wait.

"You're jealous," I say and immediately kick myself for saying it.