Thats why we are here, right now

The white leather interior is ultra comfortable and simply escalates the expensive half of the car. The roof is off, the fierce winds whipping my hair in all directions. I smile happily, coming from a mediocre payment family, I've actually never been in a convertible. My open car experience is sticking my head out of the ajar sunroof during red lights, so I'm completely glorified while Bryce simply stares ahead.

I notice that after a period of time the air becomes more humid and there is less traffic. Still we fly down the interstate whipping past trees and lanes of sand. I'm so caught up in the moment I barely notice when Bryce wheels the car to a steady stop, the wheels slightly whirring against the tar pavement.

A few cottony clouds scatter the sky blocking the path of the sunlight, but that only makes it shine brighter. A cool breeze drifts through the air carrying the scent of sand and salt. I grin inhaling the fresh aroma and peer at my surroundings. Several sand dunes cover the sides of the road and I stare down to see tiny prickle balls lining the tumbleweed that collected in a sandy crevice.

Bryce swerves around the hood of the red Mercedes and pulls open the door for me. I grin hopping out and stepping on the prickle tumbleweed.

"I brought you to the beach, my favorite restaurant is directly near the ocean side."

Bryce says smiling, what is that, shyly? What happened to the Bryce I used to see at school telling people off and making out with girls.

We walk a half of a mile until we reach a surf shop where we enter. It's typically window shopping but I can't cease gawking at all the items they are selling.

We then head next door to a mom and pop type outlet. "Here we are" Bryce grins. The door is made of sequoia with hand carved swirls that envelope the entirety of the door. Not including the silver door handle obviously.

I open the door and am immediately hit with the decadent scent of fresh baked bread. The small hut like pub has a grandpas house atmosphere, and everything is decorated with antiques. A frazzled old women shuffles to our side and greets us with a genuine smile. She pours her heart out to us in small talk which somehow she converts to long talk. I have no clue how.

"So what can I get ya." she finally asks breaking away from her reminisce about old memories. Bryce stares up from the menu and replies "Surprise us." obviously by this statement I can tell he thinks everything here is tasteful.

The lady leaves the table and exits to the kitchen to cook our surprise lunch. It's more of a brunch for me.

"You look nice" he comments grinning at me. Something from this comment makes my heart twitch and I become insecure. I stare down at my awfully pale hands that tremble slightly. My side braid that once seemed elegant now seems ratty and dull. My stomach looks as if it grew a pound or two, and I feel my face shift into a nervous creased brow kinda thing. I take a deep breath and grin nodding. Why can't I reply? I open my mouth but I can't speak. It's not like I don't know what to say, of course I do. A 'thank you' or 'you too' would suffice, but my vocal cords simply don't want to speak, so I close my mouth and simply nod.

"How did you find this place?" I manage to squeak out. I'm warming up to his presence but I wonder why I'd even need to do such a thing.

His hands comb through his hair whilst he laughs a deep throaty laugh that sends shivers down my spine. "My brother showed it to me, before.." he looks up at me his eyes darkened. Quickly he blinks it away and laughs again. "Lets talk about yesterday."

I gulp and stare down at my hands. This is what I feared the most. "Stuff happened, can we talk about Marisa and Tamara first?" I ask feeling uneasy about the subject.

"Sure, whatever you'd like" he grins entering his hands together.

"I got a call last night from my best friend's mother, Tamara. She's a single mother. She told me that Marisa, my best friend got in a car accident, and you know this is something I'll just talk to Jude about." I say trying to rid of the topic. I'm feeling quite uncomfortable.

"April, you can tell me anything, that's why we are here right now, right?". His eyes light up, a tiny smile shaping his lips. "Go on."

I take a deep breath and continue, avoiding his gaze. "I'm thinking about visiting Tamara. But my parents would never let me go alone. Anyway, I need to check up on her, I haven't seen her since I moved here, and it's killing me to not know if she's okay or not." I realize that's probably the most I've ever told Bryce before, and I'm proud of myself.

Bruce reaches over the table and grabs my hand sending a thousands electric shocks through my body. I feel the need to gasp, but I don't. And in this moment I feel my liking for Bryce escalate into ecstasy. He seems so perfect right now I barely notice him let go of my hand as the old lady returns to our table. "Steak mushroom ravioli for the mister and artichoke pesto for the miss. Enjoy!" she says deliberately making her way to the new couple walking through the door.

I grab a fork stabbing into the pasta and pulling it up to my lips. A sudden taste fills my mouth and it tastes so good. I smile swallowing bite after bite until I'm absolutely full.

"April, let's talk about Evelyn now" Bryce says and the perfect moment there once was is now shattered.

I sigh, there is no way around this one.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

I hope you had an absolutely fantastic April Fool's day. I know I did. I covered the soap bar with clear nail polish to make it non-useable, I cover the toilet with seran wrap, and I put this fake melted ice cream spoon thing on my friends shoe. It was hilarious. Hope you had a great prancing day, what did you guys do??

Your sweet yet sour,

Lemonysunset

🍊☁☀☁🍊☁☀☁🍊☁☀☁

P.s they have no lemon emoticons, what the? I might need to change my user to orangysunset. Uh-oh.. Lol!