Can we talk?

I end the recording, a sense of relief washing over me. Marisa is in a coma, Evelyn ruined my night, I'm keeping a secret from my parents, and Jude, well there's no problem at the moment. Except I want to visit Tamara. She's an only mother and I cant bare the fact that she has to go through this. Her own daughter could die any time soon. I choke on the thought, trying to swallow it away, but I can't.

I run down the hall to my parents room, but they aren't there. Frowning I scurry over to the living room but before I can open my mouth, the doorbell rings, breaking my search. "I got it!" I shout, honestly not expecting who was on the other side.

Bryce Parker stands on my porch, shifting his weight from foot to foot. He runs a hand through his hair before looking into my eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked nervously, and for a moment he reminds me of a brother. Or Marisa. I gulp, pushing that last thought to the back of my mind. Unfortunately, my tears don't do the same, and they spill from my eyes.

"My friends in a car accident." I feel as if I can trust him enough to know this, but not enough to know about the party.

He steps forward awkwardly extending his arms out, reaching for me. I engulf him into a hug, the sexy aroma of Abercrombie Fierce filling my nose. I sigh, the decadent width of cologne filling a desire. The hug isn't crushing, but it isn't light either.

Bryce pulls away and looks into my eyes worriedly. Suddenly, his eyes light up, "Wanna sit next to me at lunch tomorrow?" he asks.

"Tomorrows Sunday." I say in a duh tone but he grins. "Exactly stupid. Want to eat lunch tomorrow? Then we'll talk. About your friend, and Evelyn." I frown slightly but I agree to the idea. I couldn't possibly turn down this opportunity. He's acting out of pity, but I favor that, which makes it alright.

I break my thoughts to see him leaving. A tiny smile takes over my lips. A barely recognizable one, but in my fluttering heart, the smile tells me I like him. At least a little.

Walking up the steps two by two I run into my father. So NOW he shows up? "Who was at the door?" he asks, and I know if I say it was a boy, the questions will be never ending. "A friend, I'm having lunch with-" I need to make this as clean cut as possible. "-them tomorrow". My dad nods then leans forward landing a kiss on my forehead. "Okay, goodnight." I grin faintly then hop into my bed.

~~~~~~

I wake up quite groggy from the lack of sleep but it doesn't bother me. Today I'm eating lunch with my tutor student. My neighbor. My friend. Mostly, my crush.

I pull on a white cardigan with navy blue polka dots, dark blue skinny jeans, my sperry's, then tie my hair into a side braid. staring at myself in the mirror, I'm quite pleased. I decide to stay natural so I stick with no make up at all.

Satisfied with my look, I enter my twitter on my phone. There's a new tweet on my page from @bry_guy_parker saying "Hey, I'll pick you up at quarter past noon. Location is a surprise!" I grin foolishly, the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

My father appears in my doorway with a slight frown on his face. "Can we talk?" he asks giving me a blank stare. I nod patting the bed beside me. "For lunch, here twenty bucks. Be careful. Sweetie, I know it's a guy you are having lunch with. So just watch out, not all guys are who they appear to be" He hands me a twenty then leaves.

"Not all guys are who they appear to be". Does he mean this negatively or positively? I guess I'm about to find out.

The door bell rings and I see Bryce conversing with my father. I clear my throat as I enter the room and my dad turns to me. "Have fun!" he says pushing me out the door, then silently in my ear, "Remember our talk".

Bryce waits for my dad to leave then grabs my wrist, pulling me towards his Maserati. The shiny red glows in the sun and I gasp at how expensive it looks. "So, where are we going to?" I ask but he shakes his head. "You will see".

I guess so.