Just as Normani was about to ask how exactly an angel was able to descend from above and masquerade as a tiny human for so long, Ally said words that Normani felt deep to her soul, "Wine and Full House reruns?"

Normani wrapped Ally in a hug before they both realized it was happening.

"You, woman, are a fucking lifesav-,"

"Mommy save me!"

And just like that Normani's temper was back and damn near boiling. She let Ally out of the embrace just in time to watch Lauren, naked from the waist down, scamper into the kitchen and hide behind Ally. She peeked over her shoulder toward the door before hiding again.

"Lauren, where are your pants?" Ally asked incredulously.

"Tickle monster," Lauren answered, pointing toward the door. When Dinah walked through the same door, a second and a half later, Lauren squealed and moved to hide behind Normani instead.

"Dinah, you're supposed to be getting her dressed," Ally scolded. A pair of hand were thrown up in response.

"I barely even touched her, she just wants to run naked," she defended.

"Mani! You're home!" Lauren shouted, only now realizing who she was hiding behind. Lauren wrapped her arms around Normani's shoulders and Normani stiffened.

She loved Lauren to death, really she did, but she just did not have it in her to deal with little Lauren right now. She was too on edge.

"Lo, go back with Mama, and put some pants on, please," Ally instructed. Normani could just imagine the pout Lauren was sporting in response. She pouted for everything.

"Come on baby," Dinah said holding her hand out. She heard Lauren huff next to her ear.

"I gotta go, Mani," Lauren said, tightening her grip around Normani and resting her head against her in a final hug before walking over to Dinah.

Lauren squealed when Dinah pulled her up onto her shoulder suddenly, instead of grabbing her hand, and carried her out of the room.

Normani frowned.

It deepened when Ally squeezed her arm reassuringly before leaving behind the pair.

Just like that, it was just her and her shitty week, again. She looked down at Lauren's elephant ice pack, before flinging it on the counter.

She grabbed the bottle of wine and headed to her room. Alone.

———

There has got to be another bag of Takis, Normani thought to herself as she once again rifled through the cupboard, this time through Dinah's stash. She'd showered, changed and wrapped her hair, and was midway through her third episode and approaching half way done with the bottle when she'd gotten hit with a very specific craving.

She was too focused on finding the damn chips that she knew were in here, to realize the girl sneaking up on her until a pair of hands was covering her eyes.

"Guess who?" the voice the hands belonged to asked, with a ridiculously overdone accent. She rolled her eyes behind the hands cupped over them.

"Can you let go? I'm doing something," she asked. Her hands went slack on the shelf, resting in their chip pursuit.

"But you gotta guess, Mani," the girl said, with the same accent. The irritation that had slowly been weaning away was returning once again and Normani wanted to scream.

"Let go, please," she said through gritted teeth.

"Guess," Lauren said excitedly.

"No," Normani said, rolling her shoulder back sharply to get the girl off her. She turned just in time to watch Lauren stumble over the leg of a chair and fall on her butt.