Chapter 12: Plans

Your gift is something that will be coveted by many that you will meet. It will make you many enemies, few friends, and all the while turning you into a stronger version of yourself.

This gift is something you already held in your heart, dear Fayn, which is why you have been chosen. You shall guide your brother and together watch over the other lands.  They will be under your protection, as it is your duty to keep them safe from harm.

What you possess, little one, is the ability to feel. It goes past any boundary of race, landmark, or haunted past. You see the lights in people and pull them forward. You have the potential to help many with this gift, should you choose that path.

Be warned though; with this tremendous power comes a danger as its equal. You will be tested, and it will be up to you to win against the evils.  You must be prepared to face the day when it is too much.

***

"Frodo I've remembered something." I say, startled by this sudden memory. Although the message is rather ominous, it gives me an idea as to how to get out of here.

"And what is that?" he asks, curious.  His eyes are wide and trusting, despite his only knowing me for a short time.  It makes me all the more hopeful that this memory of mine turns out to be accurate.

"A memory from when I was very young; I had almost forgotten that day. " I find myself lost in though for a few moments, Frodo staring questioningly at me. "Sorry, it's just something I forgot I knew." I trail off, my answer sounding cryptic even to my own ears.

Frodo just nods slowly. "So what was it?" he asks hopefully, raising his eyebrows.

I grin widely. "A way out of here."

Ahi's Point of View:

"Oh, that girl is just as foolish as the day she first came to Alhena, just as believing in the good inside people." a sadistic smile draws itself across my face. "She still believes her brother can be saved, stupid.  For someone so old, she behaves like a child. Perhaps she will not prove to be a worthy adversary after all, which is such a shame.

I gaze calculatedly at the eagles gathered in the mountains.  From my vantage point, even their sharp eyes will be unable to spot me.  I am all but invisible to them.  Even if I were to be spotted though, the heavy, black cloak I wear would conceal my identity, making me appear like an innocent traveler. 

Despite the fierce outward appearance of the eagles, the minds of these creatures are weak, making this task extremely easy.  All I need accomplish is twist their memory into believing that Fayn and her allies are the enemy, and that I am their leader.

I pull the hood of my black cloak lower over my eyes before slowly moving up from my hiding place; it is time to begin.

***

Sorry for the wait guys! I was having problems with Wattpad, but they're all fixed now! Thank you for being patient!

Please comment, vote, and fan! Thank you!

***