13. Answers (prt 2.)

Zari:

The car ride back to the house didn't last long. The thick tension in the car was what made Chris drive faster than before. His face looked more demonic clearly indicating that he was beyond pissed; and to tell you the truth, so was everyone else including myself.

All this was because of her. My life, our lives have been ruined because of something so small and so petty. Over a simple man that she couldn't have.

Feeling something wet rolled down both of my cheeks, I quickly wiped them away. I wasn't crying because I was sad, I was crying because it's taking everything in me to not reach in the back seat, grab her by the front of her shirt, and throw her through this windshield. Luckily the car stopped in front of the house and I couldn't be even happier to get out of the car and race inside.

I rushed out the car and quickly ran inside. I needed a shot of something strong to get me through the rest of the day because as of right now it was not going to be pretty.

I grabbed the Hennessy bottle and poured me a shot, within seconds the brown liquor was gone, and I was pouring it back into the glass.

"You know how you get when you drink." Chris came behind me and grabbed the bottle out of my hand. "I know you're mad but drinking it away won't fix anything she has already done."

"And you're not mad Chris? That bitch fucked up our lives," I placed the glass into the sink and leaned on it. "Wait a minute."

I tapped on my chin with a finger and tilted my head to the side. Maybe he's hiding something that we all don't know. How is he not the only one not shaking with anger? Why is he so chilled with the situation? I expect Cairo to be the chill one, but it was like him and Chris switched personalities.

"You fucked her again?" I arched my brow at him.

He squinted his eyes at me and tilted his head to the side. "What are you talking about?"

"I just found it crazy how she's here and you're not fuming with anger that she's here, she fucked up our lives, had our daughters snatched away from us. I also find it funny how you didn't hear a thing that was going on between me and her in our kitchen, but when Cairo spoke your name once you were down the stairs in a matter of seconds. Then not only did it take you a while to notice your bleeding wife on the ground, she was the first to captivate your attention for more than a few minutes. You had this look in your eyes, the look of guilt. Plus, in her world we've been gone for over maybe a year or two and she still pressed over you. Something seems fishy about this Chris, and if what I am thinking is correct then you can have this ring and you'll never see me or your daughters ever," I tapped on his chest and smiled.

"If I was you I would hope like hell my name won't slip out her mouth in any negative way," I kissed the side of his mouth and left out the kitchen.

"Why your face red Z?" Darrin looked up at me as he tied Felisha's feet to the legs of the chair.

I touched on my face and shook my head.

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing to be concerned about," I turned towards the stairs and jogged up to the room. I went inside and quickly changed my shorts to long black leggings and changed up my zipped-up hoodie to a black pullover instead. I slid out my slides and put on my black Timberlands. Grabbing the hair tie from my wrist I walked out of the room and back to the living room while putting my hair up in a high ponytail as best as I could.

"You look like you're about to fight somebody," Cairo chuckled. Everybody was standing around Felisha as she held her head down.

"I'm not fighting anyone. I refuse to fight," I squeezed through them and stood in front of her. I squat down and looked up at her. "I want you to tell me everything. Don't leave anything out."