11. Im Done

Zari.

The car ride to my parents' house was quiet and I did not mind. I needed this quiet to wrap my head around what just happened, it all seemed to have happened so quickly. Like everything else in my life, it's always the truth comes out quicker than the lies.

As the street became more familiar the more relieved I became. I would finally be home we're I knew I wouldn't be lied to and treated like actual family.

"You know he did that to protect you right?" After a long silence in the car Cairo spoke.

"Protect me how?" I arched my brow. I really wasn't in the mood for him to take up for his brother. "He should have told me from the start how everything worked, and maybe just maybe things wouldn't have ended this way."

"That he should have told you but come on at least cut him some slack."

I snapped my head in his direction and scoffed. I rolled my eyes and decided to not take my anger out on him.

"You're only protecting your brother, so I'm not going to be angry with you; but don't you say cut him some slack when he was the one slacking on me," I waved him off and watched as the gates opened. Cairo drove up the driveway and parked behind an unfamiliar car.

"You know we can't protect you when you're not with us," Cairo looked over at me.

"That's absolutely fine. I was never fully protected if you ask me," I shrugged as I got out the car. "Don't worry, as soon as Thanksgiving is over, I'll be completely gone, so y'all won't have to worry about my safety. If I die, I die maybe it's about that time anyway," I squinted my eyes at him as I closed the door.

"Zari don't say that you know we'll always protect you no matter how far, even if we have to physically move there," Cairo rolled down the window and sighed.

"Right," I backed away from the door and walked away from the car. "I'll say my final goodbyes after dinner, but you should go now."

Cairo squinted his eyes at me.

"What about the babies?"

I shrugged my shoulder and smiled to myself, "They were my pride and joy, at least we had them before things got really out of hand, and I will forever love them. Bye Cairo."

I continued to walk up the pathway to the red front door. I glanced over my shoulder at the top step to see that Cairo finally drove backed out of the driveway, leaving me alone.

Taking a deep breath I walk to the door, but before I could knock the door flew open revealing my confused father.

I looked up at him and smiled lightly. My nerves were acting up and I felt like I was going to throw up. His stare made me uncomfortable, like I wasn't welcomed.

"Zari?" His deep voice cracked. His eyes turned a slight shade of red as they swelled with tears. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it.

I stood there as I watched him break down silently. At that moment I didn't know what to feel. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or be happy to see him.

I haven't seen my parents in over a year and to finally see one of them made my insides erupt.

"Is that really you?" His massive hand reached out to touch my cheek.

I smiled lightly and nodded my head once, "It's me."

He grabbed me and brought me into a bear hug. The warm scent of my pops brought back so many memories of just him and I that I finally broke down into his arms. I've been through so much that I forgot how much I really needed my pops.

Final NightmareOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara