t h r e e

There were a hundred and one things that was racing through my mind

There were a hundred and one things that was racing through my mind. One of my many thoughts was the fact that government agents could be showing up at my doorstep for the third time this year. They were always watching my family so I wouldn't be mad this time.

I walked outside with Mikaela to see the infamous blue and red semi-truck, but the difference was, there was a man leaning against Optimus. He wore a black leather jacket, a red shirt, blue jeans, black cowboy boots, and curly brown hair. His gaze was preoccupied with the butterfly fluttering around his fingers. He looked at me with a smile. 

I noticed his blue eyes as I raised an eyebrow. "Optimus?"

"Indeed, I am, my queen." He bowed playfully.

I punched him in the shoulder. "Don't do that." I looked down at my feet to avoid admiring his god-perfected face. "Never knew you had a thing for leather," He looked at his jacket. "And cowboy boots."

Optimus shrugged his shoulders. "Ironhide thought it would be my... style?" He looked back at me. "Do you not like it?"

I shook my head rapidly. "No, I like it! I like it a lot actually." I chuckled lightly, messing with his sleeve. "It's, uh, good on you."

A tight-lipped smile appeared on his face for a second before looking behind me. I could see him analyzing the situation behind me, his brows pinching closer and closer together. "So, do you mind explaining to me why your home looks like a battle sight?" Optimus asked with his arms crossed.

I opened my mouth to say something completely different, but from the way he was intimidating me, he wasn't taking a lie for an answer. "It was a Decepticon attack." His posture immediately stiffened up. "All the appliances in my kitchen turned into little mini Decepticons and blew up my room."

Optimus stared wide-eyed at me. "Please tell me this is some human practical joke."

"Nope."

"Athena, for the love of the Primes, are you hurt?" He asked, checking my arms.

"No."

"Any pain in any of your major arteries?"

"Chief..."

He grabbed my cheeks in his hands, rotating my head to further complete his examination. "Can you breathe correctly?"

"Optimus..."

He tried to pry my mouth open by pressing his thumb down on my chin. "Say Ah."

"Dude!" I hissed, removing his hands from my face. "I am okay!"

Optimus glared back at me. "You do not understand, Athena. These Decepticons were in your home." He hissed under his breath. "And I was not there to protect you like I was supposed to, just like the car accident."

I crossed my arms, watching Optimus, the leader of the Autobots, worry himself into a mumbling frenzy. I slapped my hand over his mouth with a look. "Optimus."