Chapter Five.

Bishop

"Baby if you trying to get this money you already know what you have to do" my girlfriend of two years said. "Mira I told you that I got this I ain't robbing no fucking body" I said holding her hips. She rolled her eyes. "You act like it's their money they taking it from someone else" she said. "Besides If you got this than bishop why are you working two jobs and living in this roach infested ass apartment I'm trying to help you out" she said throwing her hands up in frustration. "Fuck you mean why am I working to jobs you already know my situation Mira I have to provide or I'll be on the fucking street and if I needed your help or anyone help I would of asked for it" I said getting upset. "Shit you complaining more than I do like you lay your fucking head here, trust me Mira I ain't begging you to be with a nigga" I added. "Baby I'm sorry" she said cuffing my face. "You know I didn't mean it like that" she added. I moved away from her touch. "You know what I think it's time for me to take you home" I said pushing her off of me. I was at my peak for the night with her. "Oh for real it's like that" she said smacking her lips. "Yea it's like that now put your clothes on" I said. I slid on a shirt and a old pair of Jordan's. She slid off the bed with a nasty mug on her face putting her clothes on angrily. "Fuck you Bishop" Mira shot at me. "You already did that" I shot back. I heard my door slam so hard that it shook my picture on the wall.

I love Mira, but enough isn't enough for her. She want a nigga to live that street life and I've told her repeatedly that, that life ain't for everybody. She don't believe in getting money the right way. I refuse to live that fast life. Just look what it did to my mother. It took her physically and mentally. Even though she wasn't the best mother she was still my mom. She taught me right from wrong and never to turn against family. I never knew my dad or any family. It's just us. I work my ass off to keep food in our bellies and maintain a roof over our heads. It gets hard, but I know my hard work is going to pay off sooner or later. Mira just don't have patience.

"Yea" I said through the phone. "Come on its cold as hell" Mira said hanging up in my face. I shook my head and shoved my phone in my jean pockets. On my way out the door I seen my moms knocked out on the couch. Her hair was all over her head and her clothes was stained. I grabbed a blanket out the closet and covered her up. "Hey bishop" she said smiling. "Go back to sleep ma I'll be back later I have to take Mira home" I said walking towards the door. When I got to the car Mira still had that nasty mug on her face. "About time I'm freezing my ass off" she complained. I ignored her comment and started the car. "Baby" she said placing her hand on mines. "I'm sorry I'm just trying to help" she said with a soft smile. I nodded my head to let her know I was listening, but honestly I really could give a fuck less about what she was saying. I was done with her ass. For two years all she did was complain and all I did was kiss her ass. "Mira look" I said turning to look at her. "I think we need some time apart" I said. She let out a small laugh. "Boy what you mean" she said smirking. "I want a break from us" i said letting a breath of relief. "You breaking up with Mira" she said pointing to herself. "Nigga you must be a damn fool, after two whole fucking years but okay Bishop you will be back I ain't fucked up with it" she added shaking her head. "Not this time Mira it's completely over" I said. "Nah I don't believe that" she said leaning over to touch my chest. I grabbed her shoulders. "Mira I'm done with you" I said staring her in her eyes. "Broke ass nigga" I heard her say before getting out of my car slamming my door so hard it cracked my window. "Mira what the fuck you say" I said getting out the car. I wasn't even worried about the window. I knew money was the issue. "Fuck you bishop kiss my ass how dare you break up with me" she said crying. "What is there someone else" she continued to cry. "No fuck you Mira" I said walking towards her. "Get the fuck out my yard since I'm such a broke ass nigga right?" I yelled. "What's going on out here" my Moma said standing at the door. "Nothing miss Nikki I was just leaving" Mira said wiping her tears. "Yea ma she was just leaving" I said walking back to the house. "Bishop you said you was taking her home" my moms said. "Yea people say a lot of shit" I said making eye contact with Mira one last time. "Come on Moma it's cold out here" I said helping her in the house. "Bishop what you do to that girl" my moms asked. "I did everything for that girl it's just some people who ain't grateful for what they have" I said. "She looked grateful to me" my moms said. "Well Moma looks can be deceiving, but I have work in the morning I'm going to bed" I said walking in my room closing the door behind me.

I laid in bed thinking about what Mira said. I promised myself she was gone be the last person to call me broke.