"miss?"

"Catherine, call me Catherine" I said while I went and get some handcuff and rope that I secretly ask one of our maids to buy.

"ummm mi—I mean Catherine, what are you going to use those for?" I laid down a map of our city beside the ropes

"you will be tying me using this rope and teach me how to escape from it" I look at Gram and Hugh "and you two will go check every old and abandoned building within our area, even cabins in the mountain"

"you want us to check any possible hideouts for kidnappers" I nodded

"when it comes to kidnapping they use old and abandoned buildings, the older the better, oh and even the piers go check them and make a detailed map for any possible exit and entry points and escape routes. Seriously I don't know how this criminals works but they always choose this two sites so you better scout them properly" I want to pat my back for having a phase in my life where I got addicted to action and detective series, its proving to be quite useful now.

"yes" the two immediately went and did as I ask while I turn back to Alexei and Mason "now, tie me" I held out my hand.

the two bodyguards painstakingly taught Catherine the tricks on untying knots and getting out from handcuffs. Catherine even ask them to teach her how to use guns and knives but the two bodyguards insistently said no.

"you know that it will be helpful when I try to escape" I said as I try to escape from being tied down with my feet and hands tied tightly

"Catherine the only thing you need to do is to run away and hide safely while waiting for rescue"

"but I just want to try them once" I remember how cool Lara Croft and Alice was in the movies I watched back then.

"no, just concentrate on untying the knots" I pouted and look at Mason who was doing something with my ponytails and hair clips. Seems like when i suggested countermeasure plan the four of them suddenly turned enthusiastic and decided to go with it. "what are you doing Mason?" I successfully escape from untying the knot on my wrist and started on my feet

"I am placing tracking devices on your accessories, although we are confident with our abilities it's still much better to do things like this"

"our job is actually better this way since you're the one who initiated this training of sort" I smiled smugly at them.

"actually this is a first for us, our employer being this cooperative and to think that you're only in middle school" . well I can't actually tell them that my whole family's destiny resides on this.

"are you doing your side job again?" I only look at him and continued with what I am doing "hmmmm.....this is.....what are you doing checking up the Hanaoto Group? They're on a different business compared to your family"

"someone ask me to look for information regarding them" I started compiling the information I've gathered

"looks like they're on the verge of bankruptcy" after reading some he look at me "just who is your 'employer'? before this you're just playing with your computer by hacking into high security sites to test your abilities how come you suddenly started taking in jobs? It's so out of your character" he started checking the title of books in my shelves.

"because someone interesting suddenly invaded my turf and ask me to do some jobs for them"

"just how interesting is this one? Even your father can't get you to work for him"