Paradox chapter two

Put your story text here...Chapter two

That night I woke up crying again. I had a dream I was drowning and I couldn't stop hyperventilating until I called Matthew and he calmed me down. After that I went back to sleep and had a very different dream. I was lying on a beach. It was damp and grey but it felt warm, I also wasn't alone. Falcon was there, holding me tightly against his him.

I dreamt about kissing him, embracing him, what he tasted like. I stirred in my sleep a lot I guess because when I woke the next morning I was on the floor. I sat up and shook my head; I shouldn't be thinking such things about a boy I just met!

"Stupid dream" I muttered. I showered slowly letting the hot water unknot the tension I felt and then I got dressed. My wardrobe consisted mostly of hooded sweatshirts, jackets and jumpers, jeans, converses, boots and baseball caps. Today I wore my grey hooded sweatshirt, faded grey jeans, a black baseball cap and black boots. I eat some cheerios while watching the news on the kitchen TV. A car horn alerted me that Matt was here so I turned off the TV, chucked my bowl in the sink and hurried to his car. I don't even know how he can afford a Porsche since he works at Centra, the shop next to Tango's.

He smiled at me and I actually smiled back which surprised him. "Whoa, did I just see what I think I just saw? The famous Ms. Frowns a lot just smiled. What's next dogs making out with cats!?"

I punched his arm and he laughed. Pulling into the school parking lot I noticed a crowd of girls huddled around something. When I got out of the car I was half curious and half repulsed by the huge crowd. I decided to ignore them and pulled my hood up before running to my locker.

I had science class now and made it in just before the teacher did. I took my usual seat. But I was disappointed to see it empty. I put my arms on the desk and leaned my chin on them.

I buried my face in them and sighed. "Sleepy or are you just bored?" laughed a familiar voice. My head snapped up, I didn't hear the chair move, but there he was sitting next to me.

I laughed and he smiled. "So why'd you ditch yesterday? Off with your boyfriend over there?" he gestured to Matthew who was (thankfully) on the other side of the room and out of earshot.

"Firstly, I was asleep the whole day since I stayed up too late. And secondly, Matthew is not my boyfriend" I whispered since the teacher began the lesson.

"Then who is your boyfriend?"

I looked down at myself, examining the dark clothes that left everything to the imagination and laughed "You think I have a boyfriend?"

"Why wouldn't you?" he looked right at me. Our eyes locked together for what seemed like forever and I didn't notice his hand on mine for a long time. I looked at them in shock. Then at his face, then our hands again. I was seriously freaked. Not because of the contact but because of the fact that I heard nothing. No thoughts, no memories, no flashes of his desires, nothing at all. It was like his head was empty. He smiled at me but I just stared back.

I quickly retracted my hand and grasped it with my other. I turned away from him and stared at the table. I can't hear him. Why can't I hear him? I was screaming in my head.

"Something wrong?" he whispered, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I just stared at the table. He didn't ask again. Later, through every class I just stared at the table. I refused to touch, speak or look at him until I figured out what was happening.

Maybe I lost my power I thought positively to myself.

At lunch I contemplated that, thinking seriously. Maybe I did lose my power. When I saw Matt coming toward me I decided to make sure. I ran up to him and held his face in my hands. He smiled and asked "What? Something on my face?"