Twelve: The Fight for Love. (Edited)

The Fight for Love.

"Evita!" I called out to Evita, who had walked out of my office, slamming the door behind her. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I looked back at my computer and ended the video call I had been in with Piper and Juno. I can't believe she was home and had heard our conversation. Slipping my shoes on, I ran my hand through my hair before I made my way towards the office door to find that I had to pull on it to open the door. She broke my fucking door. A sigh of irritation left my lips, and after about two minutes of tugging at the door, I had finally been able to get it open. Quickly running out of the office, I made my way towards the bedroom to find that she had been packing her bags. Stepping into the room, I cleared my throat, gaining Evita's attention, which in turn just scowled at me. I deserved that. 

"Evita, can we sit down and talk, please?" I asked, to which Evita replied by flipping me off. I gave out a heavy sigh as I reached back, closed the bedroom door, and leaned against it. I continued to watch as she started shoving some of my clothes into the bag, which had caused me to raise an eyebrow from this, but I only allowed her to continue. I didn't have an issue with her taking my clothes; it was the fact that she wouldn't talk to me and let me explain the conversation I had with Juno and Piper.

"Evita, I need you to talk with me. Running away isn't going to solve this issue right now," Evita stopped packing her bags and turned to face me; her eyes were red as she menacingly stepped towards me. Evita stopped mere inches from me, her hands on her waist, waiting for me to speak. I reached my hand out to move some of her fallen hair behind her ear, but she slapped my hand away, surprising me. Then, giving out a heavy sigh, I locked eyes with her, "How much of the conversation did you hear between us?" 

Evita looked away from me. I bit my lip hard from this. Why did she have such high expectations from her partners but couldn't deliver on them herself? Clenching my hands for mere seconds, I reached my hand out, placing my fingers under her chin, forcing her to look at me. She was crying, meaning there had been a chance that she didn't hear the entire conversation. 

"I heard that...that you didn't see me as a prospect for marriage," I nodded my head from this, now understanding the issue. She didn't hear the entire conversation. Licking my lips, I stepped closer to her, reaching my hand down and grabbing hers. Carefully, I guided her to the bed so she could sit down. Her tears continued to fall, which, in some way, did break my heart. A lapse in my judgment caused this pain. 

"May I explain the entire conversation to you?" Evita looked up at me, nodding her head. Placing my hands into the pockets of my jeans, I licked my lips, "I was explaining what my mom had done on Christmas when we were saying goodbye to her. When she was hugging you, she kept suggesting that I propose to you. While, at the time, it had been out of the question, and when I was explaining it to Piper and Juno, it had been amusing. I was explaining to them that I was in no way ready to get married and that while I love you, I don't see us getting married," Evita went to get up, but I placed my hands on her shoulders, keeping her on the bed. 

"Let me finish," I ordered, taking her by surprise, "We're not ready for marriage. We're still figuring not only ourselves but each other out. Evita, I wouldn't mind spending my life with you for however long we'll be together, but marriage is out of the question," Evita gave out a heavy sigh, finally looking at me by choice. I smiled down at her, allowing silence to fill the space between us. I could see that my explanation didn't make the situation better, but it cleared up what she thought she heard. 

"I'm going to give you some space, to think, to cry, to scream, whatever you need to do, okay? I won't force you to talk when you're not ready to; I just ask that you don't leave without us talking." She nodded her head, not answering me. Biting my lip, I turned around and went to leave the room, but Evita had wrapped her arms around my waist, pulling me back. She had yanked on me hard enough to cause the both of us to fall back on the bed. I wanted to ask her what she was doing but kept it to myself as I felt her body shake against me. I had really hurt her, and I was never going to deny her pain from this.