Three: Over Protective Sister? (Edited)

Over Protective Sister?

Athena.

Getting up in the morning had been hard after the dream I had, involving Annabelle. I had no idea that dreams could be so intense, but I knew that I didn't want the dream to end, especially when it had been getting so good, but an education called, regardless of how useless it seemed these days. So, with a heavy sigh, I got up from the bed and made my way towards my ensuite bathroom, and quickly jumped into the shower. The water had been cold at first, but ignoring it, I got into a simple routine before I had found myself outside of the school front doors, getting ready for another day of bullshit.

"So, is Miss. Luther, your sister?" One of my three best friends had asked me, catching me by surprise. I gazed over at Jane, who had been holding out a bag of candy towards me, waiting for me to grab one. Reaching out, I grabbed one of the small caramel-wrapped candies and nodded my head in response to this question. There had been no denying it, but I was surprised that Jane could connect the dots, seeing as she wasn't exactly the smartest one in our group.

"Yeah. I didn't recognize her at first since I was like, ten when she left home," I started as we made our way into the English classroom, where Annabelle had been sitting at her desk, speaking with another student about an assignment our previous teacher had left for all of us. I found myself gazing hard at her. Last night popping into my head. The way her hot breath had hit behind my ear, causing the chills to run up and down my spine. The way her green eyes had pierced into my soul.

"Athena, you're blocking the door," I swallowed and moved out of the way. How did she know I was standing there? I didn't see her look up or take her attention away from the other student. Instead, I watched as a faint smile had tugged at her lips as though she knew what she had done to me. Had she been mocking me? Ignoring the flare of embarrassment that had shifted through my body, I went and made my way towards the back, where I usually sat and just stared at her.

Annabelle had pulled her black hair into a tight bun, and she had been wearing her black-rimmed glasses again from last night. A white button-up shirt with the top two buttons undone. I had noticed what seemed to be a tattoo lining possibly, but I couldn't say for sure. Swallowing, I licked my lips when the bell went off. Each student in the room had rushed towards their seat while Annabelle stood up from her's. A large smile on her face as she walked around the desk and sat on her. I was surprised that she could move around so freely in a pencil skirt but even more surprised to see every inch of her legs were covered in tattoos.

This had also seemed to catch everyone's attention as well. It wasn't rare for us to see a teacher here and there with a tattoo, but the coverage of tattoos on her legs was immense. Had the rest of her body been like this?

"Good morning, everyone. After going through everyone's results, I'm comfortable enough to say that you're all right where the school district wants this particular class grading level at," She paused, watching as everyone gave out a sigh of relief, "With this, today we're going to cover 'Anthem' by Ayn Rand. Now, for most of you, this will be an easy read. Some of you may have already read it, but the book is about a dystopian future where humanity has entered a dark age for those who haven't. Technological advancement is something that is highly planned out, and the concept of individuality is erased." 

"What do you mean by technological advancement is highly planned out?" Arthur, I think his name was, had asked while raising his hand. Arthur was the one kid in class who would do his homework, and then when the teacher forgot about the assignment, he would remind them that it was due that very day. 

"Well, usually, it would mean that only certain projects are given the go-ahead to start producing at a scientific level or even a mass-produced level. If you would like to find out more, I would recommend reading the book, granted that this would be an optional read." Annabelle spoke as she stood up from the desk and bent down to grab a box that had been at the side of her desk. How had I not noticed that box before? It had been right there, in the open.