In the Forest of the Night

I honestly would have gone on to "The Pandorica Opens," but after one big Marvel book, I needed to ease back into Doctor Who. What better way to do that than this episode?

It wasn't my favorite, but I could sure at least try to make it better.

Here's "In the Forest of the Night!"

***

"No civil wars," Jessie mused as she swung around in the captain's chair, the Doctor watching her fondly, the Maximoffs happy to just watch the two be happy. "No life or death experiences. Dark chocolate ice cream in abundance." She dropped her bowl on the console and swung to look at the Doctor, a grin on her face. "I bloody love you."

"I should hope so," he grinned at her.

"I am beginning to seriously doubt what you said about hating her at one point," Pietro told the Doctor with a grin.

"I probably didn't hate her as much as I portrayed," he shrugged.

"Still annoyed me," Jessie pouted.

The Doctor ran a hand through her hair. "Have I mentioned you're much more adorable when you're pregnant?"

Jessie just blushed slightly, leaning against his arm. "No."

"Hmm. You are."

"Personally, I need a break from the two of you," Wanda raised a hand, heading for the door. "Dark chocolate ice cream?"

"If you can!" Jessie grinned.

Wanda smiled and opened the door –

And blinked when she saw a young schoolgirl in uniform, her hand raised to knock on the door. "Oh," she said in surprise.

"I'm lost," the girl said. "Please, can you help me?"

"Er," Wanda looked back in the TARDIS, Jessie sitting up curiously, before doing a double take and looking back outside. "Are those trees?!"

"What?" Jessie scrambled out of her chair, Pietro running behind Wanda to look out.

"Yes, those are trees," Pietro blinked.

"I need the Doctor and the Bad Wolf," the girl told them. "Are you the Doctor and the Bad Wolf?"

"That's them," Pietro pointed behind them.

"That's us," Jessie said at the same time, smiling and crouching down to her height. "Hello."

"Do you have an appointment?" the Doctor asked. "You need an appointment to see the Doctor."

"Please," the girl begged. "Something's chasing me!"

"Then again, we do take the walk-ins and emergencies," Jessie held out her hand. "Come on in."

She took her hand, and Jessie led her into the TARDIS, and smiled when she gasped. "When you drink a glass of Coke, it's only this big," the Doctor gestured. "But it's actually got this much sugar in it. It works a bit like that."

"What does?" the girl asked.

"The TARDIS. It's bigger on the inside than the outside . . . or did you not notice?"

"I just thought it was supposed to be bigger on the inside, so I didn't say anything," she shrugged.

Wanda giggled, then put a hand over her mouth. "I like her," Pietro grinned.

"Well, of course it's supposed to be bigger," the Doctor blinked. "Most people are confused by that."

"I find everything confusing, nearly," the girl shrugged. "So, I didn't say anything. That's how come I'm in the woods. I thought Miss Oswald told me to find the Doctor and the Bad Wolf, but it wasn't her. It was just in my head."