The Caretaker and the Librarian

Man, this was harder to write than I expected. Then again, I had Jessie and the Maximoffs to incorporate, rewrite Clara in some places so she fits with how I've made her, adjust Danny to be single, and incorporate my version of Rose . . .

But hey, I got it done! Whoop whoop!

Avengers meet teachers, Danny is still trying to cope, and Rose is a badass. And she's not as spooked as Danny is, either. Come on. It's Rose bloody Tyler. If I made her terrified, that just wouldn't be the Rose we know and love. Granted, this is TBWC!Rose, so it's not the exact Rose we know and love . . . *cough* You get my gist.

Enjoy "The Caretaker and the Librarian!"

***

"There's no way out of this!" Clara groaned, struggling to get out of the chains pinning her to an ornately carved pillar. She was already sweating through her outfit as twin suns beat down on the quintet. "We're going to die here!"

"Pass me the vibro-cutters," the Doctor said.

"They're in my pocket," Wanda reminded him.

"Oh. Well, come on, then. Pass them to me."

"In my other jacket. Back on the TARDIS."

The Doctor blinked at her. "Why have you got two jackets? Is one of them faulty?"

"Doctor, none of us have the vibro-cutters," Pietro growled. "If we did, we wouldn't be able to pass them to anyway. We're going to starve to death out here."

"We won't starve to death out here," Jessie told them. The three humans sighed in relief -

"Of course not," the Doctor shook his head. "The sand piranhas will get us long before that."

"The what?!" Clara screeched.

***

"Hiya," Clara panted, sitting down at the table with Rose and Danny. "Sorry I'm late."

"You're not," Rose assured her.

" . . . you're brown," Danny frowned. "You're very brown. You weren't that brown this morning."

"Sunbed," Clara lied. "I'll get 'em in. Usual?"

***

"Fish people," the Doctor stuck his head out of the TARDIS.

Clara paused, looking between her watch and the door. She was due for girls' night with Rose . . . "What are they like?" she asked.

"Fish, and people," he smirked. "Come and see!"

Clara finally smiled and ran to join him in the TARDIS.

***

"How's you?" Clara smiled as she joined Rose in the taxi.

"Hi," Rose grinned, then blinked. "Your frock's a bit wet."

"Freak shower," Clara lied.

Rose checked behind her and did a double take. "Is that seaweed?"

Clara ground her teeth. "I said freak."

***

"How much further?" Clara shouted as they ran through lasers.

"TARDIS has got to be round this corner!" the Doctor called back. "I hate soldiers. Don't you hate soldiers?"

"Yeah," Clara had to double over.

Pietro zipped by and lifted her bridal style. "Let's go!"

***

Clara opened her door to see Danny jogging in place. "Oh, yeah," she grinned weakly. "Danny. Hiya."