Deep Breath

I'd forgotten how funny this episode was until I wrote it. XD Capaldi's debut was a pretty amazing episode.

The girls are at Vastra's, the boys have some catching up to do, and Clara fares better this time around with the regenerations because of one small thing.

Enjoy "Deep Breath!"

***

"It's simply misunderstandable to me!" the Doctor ranted as he paced inside Vastra's room, wearing a full-length nightshirt. Vastra was watching in amusement as Wanda worked on putting Jessie under the covers, occasionally looking over at the Doctor curiously. His first order of business when he had woken from whatever had happened to him was to get Jessie somewhere safe. She still hadn't woken up yet, either, which he had been quite concerned about. But now that they were in the spare bedroom, now he was off on Vastra. "I don't know what it is. Who invented this room?"

He opened the door to the hall, and Clara, Pietro, and Jenny nearly fell in. "Doctor, please, you have to lie down," Clara urged.

"It doesn't make sense!" the Doctor insisted. "Look, it's only got a bed in it. Why is there only a bed in it?"

"Because it's a bedroom. It's for sleeping in."

"OK, what do you do when you're awake?"

"You leave the room," Jenny deadpanned.

He snorted. "So you've got a whole room for not being awake in. But what's the point? You're just missing the room. And don't look in that mirror, it's absolutely furious."

"That's just you, mate," Pietro snickered.

The Doctor scowled, but Clara just looked ready to explode. "Doctor, please. You have to lie down. You keep passing out."

"Well, of course I keep passing out!" the Doctor rolled his eyes. "There's all these beds. Why do you keep talking like that? What's gone wrong with your accent?"

"Nothing's wrong with her accent," Jenny frowned.

"You sound the same," the Doctor pointed at her. "You all sound al English. Now you've all developed a fault!"

"And us?" Pietro raised an eyebrow.

"Sokovian!" the Doctor pointed at him.

Pietro rolled his eyes. "Well, at least he's got the location right."

"Doctor," Wanda suddenly took on a Scottish accent, and he turned to her. "I need your help with something."

"Finally, someone who can talk properly," the Doctor sighed in relief.

"I believe the Bad Wolf is having difficulty maintaining her sleep," Wanda tilted her head. "Would you help her? With the after effects of regeneration, I am not able to reach her as easily as I could."

"Yes, of course," the Doctor nodded, sitting down on the bed and reaching over to touch Jessie's temples. Why hadn't Wanda said that earlier? Blood bonded, first concern after regeneration. Well, first concern all the time. "Just one - "

The moment his fingers made contact, his eyes rolled up into his head, and he fell onto the bed, sound asleep. Jessie's emerald green eyes shot open, and she blinked sleep out of her eyes as she grinned at Wanda. "Worked like a charm."

"Men," Wanda rolled her eyes, helping her up. "How are you feeling?"

"Well, still not finished cooking, but better than he is, let me tell you," Jessie smirked, helping Jenny tuck the Doctor in. "Still not sure why this regeneration impacted me greater than the others. So," she turned around, brushing her hands off. "Who's got questions?" Clara's hand immediately shot into the air, and Jessie nodded. "I figured." She walked over to take Clara's hand, noting the woman started a little. "Madame Vastra, would you mind if we use your conservatory?"