The Siblings Maximoff

Because I decided - and the majority did - that the sooner we get to "Civil War," the better.

So, without further ado, the Maximoffs, everyone!

***

Jessie slumped down at the table in the kitchen, blew out a breath, then let her head drop onto her arms, closing her eyes. After having met Agatha Christie, a mummy on the Orient Express was something she really hadn't been expecting.

Not to mention her immediate aversion to the alcohol.

"Not a single taste of alcohol," a voice behind her echoed her thoughts.

Jessie opened one eye to see Wanda leaning against the doorframe, her eyes on her. "I know," she grumbled.

"Normally you would taste it and immediately declare it not to your liking before putting it aside," Wanda continued, dropping down across from her.

"So I didn't do that this time," Jessie shook her head.

"And then there was the sudden stress and panic attack on the moon," Wanda went on, examining her fingernails.

"Wanda . . . "

"Vomiting at the Bank, that was a new one."

"Wanda."

"And then there's the increased love of food." Wanda brought one leg up over the other and gave Jessie a long, hard look. "I am not an expert . . . but that sounds rather suspicious."

"There is nothing wrong with me," Jessie stressed.

"No, I do not think there is," Wanda agreed, examining the nails on her other hand. "But correct me if I'm wrong . . . you are a full Time Lady now, correct?"

"Yes."

Wanda held out her hands. "I think it is obvious, don't you think?"

"What is obvious?" Pietro asked as he passed by, poking his head in.

"Nothing," Jessie shook her head.

"Our Pilot is pregnant," Wanda grinned.

"She is?" Pietro's eyes lit up, walking in.

"I don't know!" Jessie groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose, even as Wanda reached over to put a hand on her arm. "I haven't told the Doctor I think I might be, and that wasn't one of the tests we ran after the moon."

"Why not?" Wanda asked in confusion.

"I didn't even think about it until after I talked to Clara," Jessie mumbled, rubbing her forehead as Pietro got to work on the tea machine. "And since then, it's been on my mind constantly."

"Hence the alcohol aversion."

"Just in case."

"Then why not just take a test?" Pietro asked, handing over mugs of tea before frowning. "Why am I the one suggesting this?"

"Because I might be the tiniest bit scared," Jessie admitted.

"Is there a difference in how long a Time Lord pregnancy lasts from human time?" Wanda asked.

Jessie thought back. "I think something about twenty-seven months?"

Pietro's eyebrows shot up. "That's long."

"Yeah, I know," Jessie rolled her eyes, taking a sip of the tea before making a face. "Pietro – "

"Hot chocolate," Pietro smirked, nodding and taking the mug. "Got it."

"We could be in the medbay with you," Wanda suggested. "I certainly would not mind."

"I wouldn't, either," Pietro shook his head.

"I think Idris might tell the Doctor," Jessie threw the ceiling a look.

The lights flickered in a pattern, followed by a buzz. "She'd probably keep it a secret until you told him," Pietro pointed out, bringing over a mug of hot chocolate this time. "How is that?"

"Much better," Jessie nodded after taking a sip.

"Or, if you would rather not do it on the TARDIS," Wanda thought out loud. "Why not return to the Avengers complex?"

"What?" Jessie blinked.

"Martha," Pietro realized. "Surely she could run a test."

"Patient confidentiality, and you are her friend," Wanda nodded. "If anyone could keep a secret about a patient, it would be her."

"I like that idea," Jessie admitted. "And we'll need to drop by sooner or later to find out if Steve's found anything from that lead on Crossbones."

"There we are, then," Pietro nodded. "Settled."

"And I am watching you like an eagle from now on," Wanda pointed at Jessie.

She rolled her eyes. "What are you, my mother?"

Pietro snorted, standing up and taking another drink of his tea. "You clearly have never experienced Wanda's mother henning."

The slightly terrified look on Jessie's face and the grin on Wanda's made Pietro laugh as he left. "What tickled you?" Clara asked as she walked by, heading for her room.

"Nothing," Pietro answered, still chuckling as he went on. "Just my sister."

***

*cue my innocent grinning* So it's getting suspicious, yes, it is.

Put it this way - let's all remember what huge Marvel movie is coming up, and how that little factor could change some stuff. Overprotective Maximoffs might occur.

"Flatline" should be coming soon! Don't know when, but good news - we're flying back home on Wednesday!