Buildings and streets whizzed by as Donnie and the others ran, and you soon found yourself in a familiar place.

Or, should I say, stench.

You were back in the sewers, and you have never been more happy to smell raw sewage and old pizza mixed together.

Donnie quickly set you down and examined you, "A-are you hurt? How are your vital signs?! DO YOU HAVE A PULSE?!"
 You laughed and nodded, "Yes Donnie, I can assure you that I am fine."

He sighed with relief and stepped back, "Good, I was so worry."

You met his brown eyes and chuckled at the goofy grin he gave you.

"Look at these," you quietly said, shoving the crumpled notes into his hand.

The turtle raised an eyebrow and looked over them, his eyes growing bigger as he examined them more closely.

"Y-you...you found it!"

You nodded your headed vigorously and smiled, "Yes! Finally!"

He shouted with joy and lifted you up, spinning you around in countless circles.

You laughed and hugged his neck, relieved that this madness would soon be over.

A cleared throat stopped the two of you.

"Congrats," Striker softly said. Emile clutched his side, frightened by the strange mutants in front of her.

Donnie gently put you down and narrowed his eyes. "(y/n), who exactly is this guy?"

"This is Striker, he was assigned by Shredder to guard me and...he saved my life from him countless times."

"Oh, well, thank you, I guess." Donnie held out his green hand.

Striker hesitated for a second and eventually grasped Donnie's hand with his own, shaking it firmly.

"And this is Emile," you motioned to the trembling girl, giving her a comforting smile.

Raph raised an eyebrow at her and gave her an awkward smile, "Hey."

Mikey grinned, "Yo."

She giggled slightly, still hiding behind Striker.

Leo took the katanas off of his back and stretched, "We have a few spare blankets and pillows, so make yourselves at home. Tomorrow, we'll figure out how to spread the retromutagen around and hopefully rid New York City of this curse."

~A couple hours later~

You peeped into the spare bedroom, seeing Emile's small body wrapped in blankets on the old mattress. After making sure that she was fast asleep, you quietly tiptoed to the door.

"...Dr. (y/n)?"

You paused at the doorway, "Yes Emile? And please, I'm just (y/n)..."

You saw her big eyes pop out from underneath the covers, "Is...Is Shredder going to come for us"

You smiled lightly and knelt beside the bed, brushing a strand of her raven hair away from her face. "Not as long as I can help it," you quietly whispered.

Despite your words, she did not seem convinced.

"Can...can you stay until I fall asleep? My mom used to and..."

You nodded and leaned against the bed, "Of course. I'll be right here."

Her frail body relaxed as she curled up, "...Thank you, (y/n)."

You felt the hint of a smile on your lips as you watched her close her heavy eyelids and drift off to wonderland.

~A few minutes later~

Donnie searched the lair and couldn't find you, so he peered into the spare bedroom. What he saw made him catch his breath.

There you were, with little Emile tangled up in the covers beside you. Your head laid on the worn mattress as you slept, oblivious to the world around you.

Donatello had never seen you so peaceful before.

Smiling to himself and letting out a faint sigh, he gently picked you up and carried you to another room. Since there was only one spare room, Striker was on the couch, and Donatello decided to let you use his bed while he slept in the lab. It didn't matter much, he had done it countless times before.

You stirred in your sleep and curled up to him, causing his smile to grow. Oh, how he loved you. He couldn't imagine life without your radiant smile or shining eyes...He needed you.

Careful not to wake you, Donnie laid you on his bed and pulled a blanket over you.

"Sleep well, my dear (y/n)," he breathed as he kissed your forehead.

The turtle turned to leave, but a small hand stopped him.

"Donatello," you murmured as you looked at him, "thank you...for everything."

He gave you a half grin and kissed the top of your soft hand, "For you...anything."

You smiled and soon fell back asleep, leaving him alone. He quietly closed the door and sighed to himself. Oh, how he wanted you for himself, yet there was no hope for it. When the chaos above ground stopped, you would return to the human world, while he would remain here in the lair...like always.

A light snore from the couch interuppted his thoughts. Donnie glanced over to see Striker sleeping on his stomach, his foot dangling off the sofa.

Still, the turtle wasn't going to give you up without a fight.

Hey guys! I'm sorry this one was a bit late.😅 My apologies! Vote, leave a comment, and tell me what you think! Thank you!

Later lovelies

~OnlyFoolsLove

It's Chemical {Donnie x Reader} (Donatello x Reader) (TMNT x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें