Sleepover Part 2

Ruby's POV:

After a late dinner that my dad prepared, Weiss and I headed up to my room. We could tell the storm had gotten worse outside, and the thunder was closer and, of course, louder. There was a loud crack of thunder, which startled Weiss and I. We held each other while we were wrapped in my blanket.

"Are we both afraid of thunder or what? Pretty wimpy if you ask me." I said jokingly. Weiss smiled.

"Everyone gets scared of thunder now and then. This is one of those "now" moments." She held me tighter. "If this keeps up, I might have to stay more than just one night." I snuggled up into her chest.

"I wouldn't mind. My dad wouldn't mind either. Now I WANT the storm to keep this up." I giggled. She stroked my hair. 

"We still have jobs, but I guess if the roads are too flooded to drive on, there's nothing to be done." She continued to stroke my hair and talk to me. "What do you want to do later in life, Ruby?" I looked up into her eyes.

"I dunno. Something involving being with you. Something squishy and lovey-dovey like that sounds great." I poked her side. She recoiled and poked my cheek.

"Ruby, we've been dating for an hour. You really feel that way?" She cocked her head to the side.

"I mean...look at what we did when we were together...we basically went on a date...you came to where I work for no reason other than to see me...we might as well have been dating this entire time." I buried my face in her chest. When I peeked at her face, she was blushing furiously.

"Ruby...those are not pillows..." My Princess said.

"Why not?" I backed off and pouted. "They're soft and squishy. Might as well be pillows." She giggled.

"Then your sister has the biggest pillows on any human that I've ever seen." We laughed together. I booped her nose playfully.

"Don't go and get a crush on my sister now. I was first." I smiled triumphantly.

"Shouldn't we tell your dad about this?" She asked, slightly concerned.

"No, not yet. He's a chill dad, but I feel like we should wait until after the sleepover." Weiss shrugged.

"If that's what you think is best." 

"Well...do you want to sleep with me, or on the couch downstairs with Zwei bothering you all night. He likes you." I giggled. Weiss blushed.

"You want me to sleep with you?"

"Well yeah...wait NO! Not like that! Like Sleep Sleep. Not other sleep." I sat up and waved my hands around frantically. Weiss giggled into her hand. Yang walked by the door to the room and made a cat noise.

"That's what I meant, Ruby." I blushed a little. 

"Oh...well...oops..." I put my fist to my head. "My bad!" Weiss kept smiling.

"It's fine." There was an awkward silence.

"Weiss..." 

"Yes? What is it, Ruby?" I wasn't sure how to word my question.

"Do you usually...smile...this much?" She, as if on cue, smiled again.

"No. I don't actually, but you seem to have an infectious level of happiness. I can't help, but smile when I'm around you. I rarely ever smile when I'm at home. I really only smile at home when Klein is telling jokes or doing something fun with me." I frowned.

"Klein must be a lot more of a dad than your real dad...isn't he?" She frowned this time.

"Sadly, that's not too far off. My Father only acts like my Father when publicity calls for it or it benefits him in some way. Any other time and he could care less." She looked angry.

"No!" She recoiled from my sudden shouting.

"No what?"  She was surprised.

"Don't be sad...or mad...we were so happy just a minute ago." I frowned. She wrapped her arms around me. 

"Okay. Fine. I'll forget about everything, but you. You're the happiest thing I know of anyways, so go ahead. Make me happy again." She looked smug. Like "Come on. I bet you can't". I closed my eyes, then smiled a cunning smile. I started to tickle her. She burst out laughing.

"R-ruby no! Don't t-t...t-tickle m-me! S-stop it!" She fought back and started tickling me. I couldn't hold back laughter. We engaged in something more than a tickle fight...it was a tickle WAR! I'm not sure how long it went on for. At least 5 minutes, maybe even 10. We were both red in the face and exhausted from the laughter. I fell backward and Weiss fell on top of me. Our faces were inches apart. I couldn't help myself. I gave her a little peck. I didn't want to push my luck...

Weiss's POV:

Our intense tickle war ended with myself on top of Ruby. Before I regained my strength to move, Ruby closed the few inches between our faces and gave me a light kiss. My face was red from laughter, but now it was red for other reasons. 

"Hey. There's an accomplishment. First kiss. Sorta..." Ruby said sleepily.

"You have initiative. I'll give you that, Ruby Rose, but..." I trailed off.

"But what? Am I that bad at kissing? I've never done it before! Sorry." She was so cute when she was embarrassed. I decided to show her what I meant. I pressed my lips against hers. I will admit...it wasn't very gentle. I put more passion into it, I wasn't thinking of being "gentle". Ruby caught on soon and learned quick. We started a new war. It must have been two whole minutes before we separated to breathe.

"Well...that was a thing..." Ruby said. She put on a devilish smile, before I knew it, we had switched places and Ruby was on top. "I have triumphed!  RUBY ROSE IS THE VICTOR OF BOTH WARS!" I pouted.

"Those were draws at best! Hmph!" Ruby giggled.

"Wanna rematch, Princess?" I nodded and pushed her onto her side, so we were facing each other on the bed.

"Of course. We both know I'm the superior girl." I praised myself. 

"We'll see about that Princess..." 

Yang ran in and slammed the door. 

"If you're gonna do that! Close the damn door!" We both giggled. I decided to press the attack. I pulled Ruby into a kiss, obviously catching her off her guard. Got her, or at least I thought I had her, but she played dirty and used the under-handed tricks of tickling. It made me laugh long enough for her to take the advantage. We went back and forth for a good while. We stopped at some point to regain a normal breathing pattern.

"Fine...I admit defeat...the Princess triumphs over I...the Great Ruby Rose..." She giggled at her own bad acting. I giggled with her.

"You may have lost...but this Princess still loves you...Great Ruby Rose..." I stroked her hair and she closed her eyes. Eventually, she fell into a calm sleep. I pulled her close, and she nuzzled into my chest again. "Never getting used to that." I thought to myself, before closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep...holding someone I thought I would find absolutely insufferable...but I love her...nothing can be done to change that...

(A/N: OH DANG! They're really competitive aren't they? I feel like this was a well-deserved chapter...after the sad stories and memories of last chapter. Hope you enjoyed it! ~Much Love, Open_Book1020)