The Visit

Weiss's POV:

I'm about to enter Ruby's home...what if her parents don't like me? What if she has a brother and he starts hitting on me...then what do I do? I wore some more casual clothing. I had on a light blue shirt with a matching mini-skirt with shorts. I knocked on the door. Ruby's home was deep in the country, but it wasn't a ranch or a farm. It was just secluded in a small forest. The door opened and a tall, blonde man stood there. He has a sweaty muscle shirt and gym shorts on. 

"Hello there. You must be Ruby friend. I'm Taiyang. Ruby and Yang's father." He held out a hand, but retracted it quickly. "Sorry. I was working out. Probably isn't the best idea to make contact with anyone." He laughed to himself. 

"It's nice to meet you, sir. I'm Weiss Schnee." He smiled at me. 

"I definitely know who you are. Surprised I didn't connect the dots when Ruby said her friend's name was Weiss. Never thought my baby girl would become friends with one of the richest families in the world. Ruby is up in her room. Go up the stairs and it's the third door on the right. You can't miss it. It very...distinct." He moved out of the way. "If you need anything, just ask. Oh, and call me Tai. No need for formalities here Ms. Schnee."

"I'll do that if you refer to me as Weiss, sir." I smiled at him to show I wasn't completely serious as I stepped inside the house.

"Okay, Weiss. Have fun. TRY not to break anything, but I don't think it would be YOU that breaks anything." He chuckled and waved me off. I went up the stairs and found the door.  It was open, so I knocked on the door-frame. The room was dark except for the TV, and then I was greeted by a small dog pillow hitting me in the face.

Ruby's POV:

"DAD! I told you not to bother me while I'm-" I saw Weiss standing there holding my puppy pillow. "Oh Weiss! I'm so sorry! I thought you were my dad." I paused the anime I'd been watching. 

"I really hope I'm not your father. I'm just happy you didn't throw something harder than a pillow." Weiss's nose was still kinda red from the pillow hitting her. I got up and walked over to her. I booped her nose with my finger. "Boop." She backed up and blushed.

"What was that for you dunce...?" She didn't sound angry, more like confused. I switched the lights on and grabbed her arm, leading her to my bed. I sat her down and flopped down next to her. She giggled.

"This is my room!" I put my hand next to my mouth and whispered. "...it's also the coolest one..." From two rooms over I heard Yang yell.

"NO IT'S NOT!" Weiss looked at me. She seemed really confused.

"How did she hear that?" I giggled.

"Yang has the inhuman ability to know whenever I say anything of mine is cooler than hers. It makes her hair tingle. That's what she told me.  I don't know how hair can tingle." Weiss just stared.

"Soo...what was it you're watching?" She asked pointing at the screen. I had been watching Kill la Kill for the eighth time...and I paused at her perfect time...right as Ryuko was synchronizing with Senketsu... "Why is she naked?..." Weiss asked...turning red.

"Uh...IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! She's transforming into her battle form." I was trying to explain it in a way she'd understand. 

"Ohhh...it is at least cleverly censored." Weiss smiled. "What did you have planned for today?" I couldn't hide my smile. I hopped off the bed and started pulling out snacks from underneath the bed. I pulled out various chips and dips. Some other snacks, including some popcorn that had yet to be prepared. I ran over to my mini-fridge and opened it so Weiss could see my assortment of drinks. 

"I wanted to show you some of my favorite anime. If you want to watch some...I have other stuff to do too." I gave her smile.  

"Can we watch this one? It looks interesting." She asked, pointing at the TV.

"Sure! Kill la Kill is one of my favorites!" I posed. "LIFE FIBER SYNCHRONIZE! KAMUI SENKETSU!" I laughed and Weiss laughed with me. 

"Hey Ruby...why is it so cold in here?" Weiss was rubbing her arms. She was wearing a really cute outfit, but I guess maybe I had made the room a bit too cold. "Oh sorry, last night you said you liked Winter and cold things." I walked over to the thermostat for my room.

"Wait. You made it cold for me?" She was blushing.

"Well yeah. You're my guest. I'd like to make my room feel like home for you." I smiled at her.

"Okay. Then leave it like this. We can just share this blanket, right?" She said, grabbing the blanket from my bed. 

"Sure we can." I switched the lights off. "What do you want to drink, Weiss?"

"Do you have any tea?" I looked through the mini-fridge for a bit. I found some in the back, but it was unsweetened. That's probably why it's in the back.

"I found some, but it's not sweetened." I held it up so she could see it.

"That's perfect." She held out her hands.

"Heads up." I said before I tossed it to her. She caught it and I grabbed my favorite soda. I hopped on the bed. I scooted close to Weiss and grabbed the blanket. I threw it over both of us and started looking for the TV remote.

"Hey Weiss..."

Y-yes Ruby?" Why did she stutter?

"Can you help me find the remote?"

"Oh...sure." We started looking and, I guess, we found it at the same time and we both grabbed it. I looked up and so did Weiss. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel my cheeks heating up. She was blushing too.

"Sorry sorry." I said as she let go of the remote. I scooted away.

"No...it's okay, but I'm still a little cold..."

"Do you want me to find another blanket?" I asked, preparing to go find one downstairs.

"No...but...can you get closer? I think that would help tremendously."

"Oh...uh...s-sure." I scooted even close before. I felt my bare legs touch. I blushed and checked my phone.

"8:57"

"Today's gonna be a great day..." I said extremely quietly.

Weiss's POV:

I was practically cuddling with Ruby...we were so close...My heart was beating quickly again...like when we had lunch. Our legs touched and I inhaled quickly. I didn't want to breathe...I didn't move. I heard Ruby whisper something as she checked the time. She was facing the other way.

"Today's gonna be a great day..." I smiled. I leaned closer and whispered into her ear so she could know I heard her.

"It sure will be..." She tensed up and I couldn't stifle some laughter. Ruby pouted at me, but she was blushing and soon she joined my laughter. We laughed together for a while. When we stopped, Ruby started the first episode of "Kill la Kill". She got as close as she could and rested her head on my shoulder. I looked down at her. She was smiling. I went back to watching the show, and I couldn't help, but smile too.

(A/N: No sleepover yet! There's still one very important thing to do before that can happen! Hope you're enjoying this quirky little awkward romance. Weiss may be rich and proper, but love sure is weird. I promise...the Sleepover is next chapter. (Second Note: This also sort of trolls a friend of mine...I told him the sleepover was this chapter. RIP him.) THANKS EVERYONE! It makes me happy to know that this in entertaining at least a few people. I'm truly grateful.)