Chapter 14 - Abducted

The air around me was now made of entirely smoke, and I had no choice but to inhale it. I gasped and coughed, desperate for oxygen, desperate for my mate. Was he okay? Where did he go? As those thoughts ran through my mind, I felt myself growing weak. My lungs were burning from both the heat and deprivation.

The last thing I remembered before I collapsed was closing my eyes and picturing Elijah's face. In my mind, he was smiling down at me, his gold eyes full of adoration.

Then there was nothing but black – complete darkness.

~~

It was cold.

That shouldn't have been surprising. Polar Moon was always cold.

Something was different here though. There was no wind or smell of fresh pine in the air. The atmosphere felt damp and heavy with a musky scent.

That was when I realized I was laying on a concrete floor, likely in a cellar somewhere.

"What the hell..." I groaned, struggling to sit up.

I attempted to use my arms as support, but quickly realized that I was not only feeling extremely weak, but my left arm was chained to the nearest wall. The sudden realization of my situation stirred up a panic inside me as suppressed flashbacks of my childhood flew through my mind. I began to tug against the chain with all the strength that I could manage, but it was useless.

I was too weak.

Weakness wasn't a feeling I was accustom to. I was used to kicking ass and fending for myself.

This was honestly depressing.

My wolf began to growl in my head, pacing back and forth, desperate to be free as well. Confinement was not for us. We didn't take it well, for now obvious reasons.

I became so distracted by the damn chain, continuing to pull on it until my wrist began to bleed, that I hadn't even stopped to think about where I really was or who had brought me here. I paused for a moment to take in my surroundings and think about the whole situation. This had to have been orchestrated by either Alpha Dean or Alpha Zane. The timing was too ironic for it to be anyone else.

Then another thought popped into my head – Elijah.

My mate. Was he okay? I knew if he had been killed, I would be feeling it, so I could at least take comfort in knowing he was alive. Was he being held captive somewhere as well, or was he safe at home, frantically looking for me? My heart ached at the thought. Although being away from him in such an unknown situation was troubling me, I knew he was likely going insane trying to find me.

That brought me to my next thought – where the hell was I?

I looked around the room, trying to take in every detail despite the dim lighting. One thing was for sure – there were no windows, and only one door. Whoever wanted me here obviously had a reason for it, so that meant they'd have to show themselves eventually...right?

I finally gave up on the chain. It clearly wasn't going to budge. Instead, I scooted back against the wall so that I could lean against it. It was incredibly uncomfortable, but I was still feeling weak and drowsy. My eyes kept insisting on fluttering closed no matter how hard I tried to fight it.

At some point, the exhaustion won.

I was awoken again by the sound of a heavy door slamming shut, causing me to jump and my eyes to snap wide open. This was my opportunity to try and see where I really was, why I was here, and who brought me here. I was the only one down in the cellar, so if I was in a different pack, I was purposely being kept away from the true prisoners.