Chapter 25

"Are you staying?" I ask Harry as we walk back to my room.

"Do you want me to?" He questions and I return a small smile. I badly want to see what's going on in his mind, I hate that I can't even guess what he's thinking.

"Then I'll stay." He smiles back.

Harry wastes no time pulling me close to his body and engulfing me in his embrace as we lay down on my bed. I let out a sigh of relief knowing I didn't scare him away, however, I'm disappointed he didn't say it back.

When his breathing eventually evens out and soft snores escape his nose, I find myself struggling to fall asleep. I can't help but beat myself up over the fact that I told him I loved him. Too soon, Addie! I mean, do I even love him, or did it just come out wrong? Either way, I can't take it back; and I desperately want to because he didn't say it to me.

I'm exhausted, but I still can't sleep. I turn to my side and look at the sleeping boy next to me, and I can't help but reflect on how my life really has changed. Addie Walker has a guy sleeping in her bed? Grace is going to flip out when I tell her all of this.

My hand moves to caress his soft face. He looks so peaceful and calm when he sleeps, contrasting to his usual hard demeanor during the day. Even though I hate that he acts different around me compared to everyone else, I guess I also kind of like it. He's himself around me, and it's flattering to know that I'm the only one who can bring out that side of him.

I do love him. I don't care if I haven't known him for very long, but I love him. Well, at least I think I do... I've never experienced love, but I'd like to think that what I'm feeling is that. I never stop thinking about him, I hate when we're not together, he makes me feel wanted and safe, he listens to me, he knows me more than anyone else.

Sometime amidst my endless thoughts, I drift off, dreaming of Harry expressing his thoughts back to me.

"Harry, time to get up." I try to wake him, but it's not going so well. I've already showered and gotten ready for school, so I just need Harry to wake up so we can go.

"What time is it?" He groans and finally sits up.

"Seven, we have to go soon." I remind him and continue to shove all of my books into my bag.

"Addie,"

"Yeah?" I turn to face him. He slowly gets up from the bed and walks over to me.

For a second, my heart stops praying that he will tell me what I've been waiting to hear.

"You look beautiful this morning." He says sans emotion and kisses me quickly before searching for his pants.

I want to scream. At this point, I don't care if he doesn't love me yet, but I hate how he's acting like I never said it.

We drive to school as always, but this time; Harry makes a point to take my hand in his as we walk up the front steps. The simple gesture isn't lost on me, especially when it earns multiple stares and whispers. I finally decide that as long as Harry is still with me, then he can take some time to absorb my confession of love.

"Harry, everyone's staring." I whisper as we walk down the halls. It's not even just staring though, it's pointing, giggles, whispers, nasty looks from all of the girls, praises from all of the guys...

"Let 'em babe, they're just jealous." He shrugs and pulls me towards the science wing.

"It's going to be a long day," I sigh when we stop outside of our first hour; biology.

"You'll be okay, don't let them get to you." Harry leans down to kiss my cheek before letting go of my hand. "See you later."

"Where are you going?" I ask as he begins to walk away. I hope he didn't forget he's now in this hour after all of the trouble he went through to get me away from Max.