Chapter 9

"Addie, I like you." He says as I walk out of the room, stopping me in my tracks.

To be quite honest, my heart skipped a beat when the words slipped from his mouth, but I'm sure it's the alcohol in his system that is making him say such a thing.

"Because of what I let you do on Saturday?" I laugh, referring to what happened when he came over for 'math homework' that day.

"No, I mean yeah that was fun, but I like you as a person."

"Many people do, probably because I am actually a decent human being who doesn't make fun of everyone." I snap at him.

"I know I'm an ass. It's just who I am, I'm not making excuses. But yes, you are a decent human, well much more than decent, but you make me want to quit being a jerk. When you told me you didn't like me, I-"

"Harry, you're drunk, I think we should talk when you're not." I cut him off, his words are becoming a lot to process, whether they are true or not.

"I'm not as drunk as you think I am. Please, I meant what I said."

"Alright you like me, so stop being an asshole and then we can be friends." I tell him.

Harry's POV

Friends?

I want to tell her that I want more, when I said I liked her, I didn't mean as a friend.

I can't admit that though. I don't know what this girl is doing to me. I don't understand the feelings she gives me. Maybe because no one has ever rejected me? I'm not sure, but when she told me she didn't like who is was last night, I wanted to prove to her that I'm not who she thinks I am, even though I am. That is me, an asshole. However, in that moment, I told myself I would change just to show her I'm not.

I don't even know why I promised myself that. I don't need a girlfriend, I hate the fact of being tied down by someone. Until I met her at least. I'm surprised she doesn't already have a boyfriend, she's stunning. One look at her and she makes me weak. But I'm also glad, she's mine. She said I was the only one to touch her like that, and I will be the only one.

"I will." I tell her. I guess being friends will be a start.

"Great, now I'm going back upstairs." She rolls her beautiful brown eyes.

I'm surprised by my thoughts... For once I actually want a girl for more than just a hand job or some head. Although, I'm sure that sassy mouth of hers would feel great around me.

"No stay." I protest.

"Harry.." She whines and I continue to look at her.

"We can just talk?" I offer.

I keep telling myself I want to change for her, but I can't admit that to her. I don't know if it's my pride, but I can't. I'm really trying though.

"About what?" She surprises me and walks over to the bed I'm sitting on to join me.

Addie's POV

"Anything." He shrugs. "Do you wish you still lived in America?"

I'm shocked when he offers to have a normal conversation with me. I guess this could be a start to a civil friendship between Harry and I?

"Yes." I answer truthfully.

"Why?"

"I don't know. I don't really know anyone here." I say, I don't really want to go into depth with the boy who has only been decent to me for five minutes.

"You know me? And Alicia and Max..." He says, sounding confused.

"Yeah, but all of my family and friends are back in Wisconsin." I tell him, not that I had many friends; but more than I have here.