Chapter 7

Monday

"Hey Max! How was your weekend?" I ask him right as I see him in biology. I feel extra awake this morning, and I couldn't tell you why.

"It was okay, how was yours?" He replies.

"It was... Interesting." I leave out the details of Harry and I's 'homework session.'

"Interesting?" He questions.

"Still getting settled into the new house I guess." I lie, I'm not about to tell him about what I actually did.

As much as I enjoyed it, it will never happen again. I do not hook up with guys, that was a one time thing. I refuse to only be used for sexual favors, especially by a jerk named Harry.

"Hey Max, what did you get for question number six?" A pretty blonde girl walks up to our lab table.

"Here, you can look at mine." He smiles and hands her the paper. "Oh Addie, this is my friend Alicia."

"Hi." I smile and she returns one.

"Hey Addie, you're new right?"

"Yep."

"Your accent is so cool!" She laughs. "Well thanks Max, and it was nice to meet you, Addie!" She smiles and walks back to her table.

"She seems nice." I tell Max.

"Yeah, she's one of my best friends. I've known her my whole life." He explains to me. So she must be nice if she's hanging around Max, and not one of those annoying girls I've encountered here.

"I'll see you around." I tell him as biology finishes. I always forget about having math with Harry. It is not something I am looking forward to.

"Hello, Adelaide." Harry smirks when I sit down in my spot.

"Hi." I say without looking at him. I know is going to tease me about what we did Saturday. I knew I should've told him no, but my body overpowered my mind that day.

To my relief, he doesn't talk to me the entire time we take notes on scatter plots.

"So what really happened to your face?" My curiously gets the best of me when I glance at his still bruised face.

"I got into a fight." He shrugs, like it's no big deal. I can hear my gasp, but I try to stay quiet because we are still in class.

"With who?"

"Does it really matter?" He says harshly.

"I guess not..."

I don't really care... Well I'm curious, but I do not care. Harry deserved it probably.

"What did you get for this one?" Harry asks me about the math worksheet we had just been given.

"I showed you how to do that on Saturday.." I remind him, but instantly regret it.

"Sorry, I tried to do it listen, but then you were all over me." He smirks.

"Harry!" I say through gritted teeth. No one can know what I did, I don't want them to think I'm just another one of those sluts that Harry hooks up with. I already regret doing it, I don't need to be judged by this whole school of people I don't know.

"I'm joking!" He chuckles.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes and pack up my book and folder when the bell rings.

"Addie, come sit with us!" I hear a girl say, but I don't know who when I walk through the cafeteria at lunch.

"Right here!" Max laughs and I finally realize it was Alicia that caught my attention.