Chapter 12

"Addie!" I'm snapped put of my day dream in biology when Alicia comes running up to me during work time.

How is she so energetic? Shouldn't she be crabby and hungover?

"What's up Alicia?"

"So did you have fun last night?" She smiles and moves her eyebrows up and down.

"Yeah." I smile back. It was fun, but I don't want to tell her why. "Did you have fun? How late did you even stay?"

"Only until one. And yes," she smirks and then looks to see if Max is listening. "I think me and Eric have a thing."

"Eric?" I question. I've never heard her talk about this guy.

"I don't know his last name, but he's beautiful."

"Oh god Alicia." I laugh.

"What! He's hot!" She defends herself before the teacher scolds us for being to loud.

"Did you really go to that party with her?" Max whispers to me.

"Yeah, she practically dragged me there." I tell him and he laughs.

"Yeah, she's not one who will take no for an answer... So does that mean you're going to the party on Friday?"

"I didn't know there was one."

"Oh yeah, there is. Harry's having one."

"Cool... Are you going?" I ask.

It sounds much more appealing with the thought of it at Harry's house. Although I have no idea where we stand. I haven't talked to him since last night, but I hope he really is trying to change.

"Nah, probably not. Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? If you're not going..."

Oh. Max seems nervous, and it's kind of weird.

"Um, I'm not sure if Alicia will make me go.. I'll let you know later this week?"

I feel bad, but honestly, I would much rather hang out with Harry. Especially after last night.

"Yeah, sure." He smiles. I hope he doesn't feel too rejected, he's still a good friend of mine.

"Hey." I smile when I take my seat next to Harry in math. He looks tired and angry, but his expression softens when I greet him.

"Can we talk?" He whispers.

"After class?" I suggest. Mr. Turner will not be happy if we talk during his lesson.

"No, now." His eyes burn into mine.

"Harry, we're in class."

"We need to talk." He says, louder this time. The girl in front of us turns back to shush us, and Harry rolls his eyes.

"Okay, after class." I reiterate.

What does he need to talk about so bad anyway?

He sighs loudly and but keeps quiet for the remainder of the class. Except for that damn pencil of his that he won't quit tapping against his desk.

"Alright, let's go." He pulls my wrist just as the bell rings for lunch.

"Where are we going?" I question him but he remains silent, on a mission to get away from everyone.

"Harry, we have school!" I yell when we get to the parking lot. "I'm not leaving, I can't miss class."

"There's only two classes left, come on." He opens his door and gets in. When I don't get in, he rolls down the window to talk to me.