"Could you...give us a moment?" Aoi inquired.

"Certainly; I'll be in my office."

Aoi waited a moment for Balthier to leave before speaking again. "What do you want to do, [Name]-chan? It would be better to let it naturally heal—if possible—or at the least have the first surgery option if you don't want to—"

"I don't have the time to let myself heal, Aoi."

"[Name], even you have your limits... I cannot let you just—"

"Aoi, I learned a few things while they held me captive, and, I really think the second option is better... Besides they can always prescribe medicine right? I'll be on them either way, and the sped up process really is better right now... I can't wait to heal Aoi... Please..."

He sighed after a long moment, squeezing your hand as he spoke. "...Okay... I'll be back."

Aoi returned with news that your surgery was to take place later today since there was an open spot. Although abrupt, you heaved a sigh of relief that you were able to get it over with at least, and as your friends filed back into the room, you replaced your worried thoughts with that of their presence, plastering a smile onto your face.

Hours came and went, resulting in you sleeping for most of the day in between meals and going to the bathroom, which, took getting used to since you were in an unfamiliar area, and blind. At the moment, it was six in the evening, and you were by yourself in the room—Aoi having gone to do some more paperwork, and the others out for dinner. The door slowly creaked open, and you heard lone footsteps make their way towards you as it closed shut. You sat up, pointing to the door with your finger.

"Get out."

"What...?"

"Get out. I'm in no mood to deal with you right now, Kei."

"But [Name] I—"

"No, out!"

"[Name]—"

"You knew that you couldn't sense me anymore!" you hissed, the monitor you were connected to beeping a tad faster. "You knew that I had a concussion, and—and you knew that my weapon wouldn't work anymore! So why... WHY IS IT THAT YOU CAN'T TELL ME ANYTHING!?"

"I-It's...just that..."

"And you know another thing? You never told me about the past that you were supposed to. I had to learn that on my own, and only because Kai helped me! Most of it came from when I was dreaming in the jail cell, but, regardless, you could have at least done THAT!"

Kei breathed shakily, enough for you to hear, and you bit your lip, feeling guilty about yelling at him as you remembered that due to your weakening in the past few days, he wasn't in any good condition himself. As silence grew between the two of you, you felt his presence get closer, near the chair that was always to your right.

"I... I only did those things because...because I thought..."

"What? That you could protect me?" you snorted. "Please! You're here under my command. There's no choice for you to make under my health—that's for me to decide! Don't you know what without me, you're nothing? Nothing at all!"

"[SURNAME], [NAME]!"

You released a sharp breath, straightening from the volume and tone of Aoi's voice. Swallowing as the door that you didn't even hear open closed, your hands clenched into fists, as you sensed Aoi coming closer, stopping near Kei.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I...I was just...telling Kei how I feel about something..."

"And you think you're able to do that by being a brat? Did you even listen to your words? Did you even listen to HIS? You're sounding incredibly ungrateful for anything this boy has done for you, and regardless of his three rather unflattering actions, it's because of him you even have anything right now."