I look around, and see so many different kinds of people. There's an elederly man sitting in the front, eyes blank. A large woman eating a taco in the back. A group of teenage boys fooling around.

And then there's me. I guess nobody really recognizes me if they dont look to notice.

I glance across from my seat, and see long brown hair draped over the face of a girl. She was reading a thick book, her eyes never leaving the pages. She gasped, as one of the teenage boys fooling around almost fell on her.

"Sorry." The tall, muscular boy said, his eyes raking down at her body. She was wearing a T-shirt and shorts. She immediately covered her exposed legs with her bag.

She placed her index finger between the pages of her book, and glanced up at me. I give her a small smile. She doesn't return my smile, and instead, walks to the front of the bus. I guess she felt violated from the boys.

My stop came, and i got off. As i walked into the radio station, i couldn't get her out of my mind. I didn't see her face clearly, but her hair was so long and smooth. Whatever. I'll never see her again.

I walked into the radio studio, and immediately saw Jonny.

"Jonny." I nod at him, "Alex." I say coolly.

She shrugged, and said, "You're riding the bus home too."

I rolled my eyes. "It's not too bad."

"Good." She smiles.

"Welcoming on the air....Stanley Cup Champions, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews!" The DJ announced.

"So, tell me about it. Chicago is so proud to be bringing the Cup back! How was the rally?" The DJ asks.

"Oh wow, it was amazing. So many fans were there, the atmosphere was ecstatic." Jonathan spoke first, the DJ nodding.

"And how about you, Patrick?" The DJ looked over at me.

"Yeah, I'm just enjoying myself, giving myself a little break now that everything's over." I shrug, smiling.

"You guys deserve it." The DJ gripped his microphone, and pressed a few buttons.

"Thank you for stopping by in the studio, this is Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews." He announced again.

Huh. That's it? The DJ played some rap song I've never heard of before, and silenced our microphones.

"Thanks for stopping by, we really appreciate it. Can we take a picture?" The DJ held up a camera.

"Sure." Jonathan says.

Alex takes our picture, and we head out onto the street.

"Are you guys seriously going to make me take the bus?" I groaned.

"Your fault for getting drunk." Jonny laughs.

"Fine." I mumble, walking to the bus stop. They leave in their ever so shiny black van, and i make my way over to the stop. Then, i feel raindrops on my hair. Great. It starts to drizzle, the rain coming down harder.

Luckily, the bus pulled up shortly, but not fast enough to spare me of wet clothes.

There were no more seats, so i stood. I glanced around the bus, making sure nobody recognized me. They were all either sleeping, or paying attention to their phones. I looked to the back of the bus, when i saw her again. That same girl, that same brown hair. She was reading again. Feeling my eyes on her, she looked up. She saw me, and her eyes widened. Her mouth formed a small 'o.'

Suddenly, she gets up quickly. She hurries to press the stop button. The driver halts to a stop just in time, and she struggles to push past the crowded bus. She reaches the door, but at the last second, the door hangs on to the book. The doors close behind her, the book on the floor of the bus. I bend over, picking it up. The cover was soft, and the book was thick. The cover said:

'I'd be yours, if you only asked.'

It was a collection of poems, not really my thing. I don't know what to do with it, so I take it with me off the bus.

I walk the rest of the way to the apartment, the sun seemed to be back out, drying my t-shirt.

"Did you have fun out in the rain?" Jonathan teased me as i walked in the door.

"Yeah." I grinned, "I danced in the rain with open arms." I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Here." Alex hands me a towel. "I don't want you sick."

No matter how hard Alex tried to hide it, i can see that she feels guilty for sending me out in the rain.

"It's cool, thanks." I grab the towel, and dry my hair off.

The trick with Alex, is to just play it off. I've learned that the hard way. She cares too much.

"Watcha got here?" Jonathan grabs the book of poems out of my hands and stiffles a laugh.

"I'd be yours if i only asked?" Alex raised her eyebrows, reading the cover.

I took the book back from Jonathan, "It's not mine." I scowl.

"Right, because obviously you love reading love poems. Heck, i didn't even know you read." Jonny winks.

I flip through the pages, chuckling.

"Oh look there's something written here." Alex comes up from behind, and flips open the cover.

The inside of the cover had messy boyish writing in red pen:

For my little Lyon, (lion)

You cheesy, cheesy, girl. Happy 23rd birthday! Man, twelve years with you and I'm still not tired of you? Haha, just kidding, you know i love you. I hope you like this book, you literary doctor.

With love, your best friend,

Daniel.

Alex smiled. "How sweet." She says.

"How did you get this anyways?" Jonathan asks me.

"A girl dropped it on the bus. I'm guessing she's the little lion?" I shrug.

"Pet names." Jonathan shakes his head at the cheesy thought.

The weird thing is, I remembered her clearly. I never saw her up close, but i can still picture her clearly in my head. Long, very long brown thick hair. Her eyes are stormy grey, distant. She moves without certainty, and when she did, she moved gracefully.

I shake my head. "I'm going to sleep." I say, walking off to my room.

"Pat, its lunch time!" Alex calls after me.

"I just need to sleep off this hangover" i shake my head.

I close the door softly, and crawl into bed. I realize that i still have the book in my hand. I lay on my back, lifting the book above me. "Little Lion..." i mumble. I wonder what her name is. I slowly close my eyes, as my dreams engulfed my thoughts.

**

(Dream)

I was walking past the bus stop, when i saw her again. That same, flowing brown hair, those stormy eyes.

"I know who you are." She tells me.

I grin. I lick my lips expectantly. I'm taking her home tonight.

"I'm not your sex toy." She says angrily, when i reach out to her.

She runs fast, and soon I'm standing alone in the rain.

**

I jolt up in bed. I would never do that to her. Lately i have been screwing with girls...... but no. Im usually not like this. I have to stop.