Chapter Two - Falling

Back in L.A. -woo!- it's a nice day baby take your top off, come to the right bay...

Yawning widely, I pushed the snooze-button of my phone. Instead of boring (and annoying) bleeping I decided that waking up to my favourite songs, like "Get it right" by Left Boy, would make it easier.

I was still really tired, I got home late last night and still had to cook something. So I haven't had much sleep at all...
However, today was my first day at the new school, yesterday I only had to go there do sign some things. "I wonder if I see the cutie from yesterday again..." I thought loudly and sighed, then I dressed up and ate my breakfast.

Two hours later I arrived at the school gate and immediately noticed that something was off. Everyone stared at me, but I couldn't figure out if they were curious or angry. So instead of asking, I just smiled and said Hi, then pushed my way through the crowd walked to my classroom.

We had history in the first two periods, and the professor was a small, nice-looking woman named Mrs Bullbobble, a name which I admired since the moment I heard it the first time. It also was fitting, because she looked like a small, squishy ball, but not in a bad way. It looked just cute.

When she saw me, she smiled brightly and pulled me to her desk.
"You must be the new student, it's nice to meet you! I'm Mrs Bullbobble, your history and english teacher." She turned around to face the class. "Hello everyone!" she said cheerfully, and everyone said "Good morning Mrs Bullbobble"

Then, she pointed at me, smiling even more. "Today, we get a new student from abroad. Please introduce yourself!"
I nodded, a bit nervously.

"Hey, my name's Plunette. I'm 17 years old and I came from Switzerland to England. It's nice to meet you...!"

Nobody said a thing, there was an awkward silence. The prof clapped her hands to get the attention, and looked around the classroom. "You can sit... hmmm.... oh yes, there, in the first row next to Layla are still places, please take a seat there." she said and I walked to the place - and recognized the small girl from yesterday.

She looked really happy to see me and even smiled a bit, and I smiled back at her while I sat next to her.
"Hey, it's great to see you again!" I whispered and she blushed slightly, not able to look into my face from embarassement. But she looked really happy, so I smiled some more and then the lesson started.

Two hours later we were finally done. I really liked the prof, she was so cute, but I really didn't like history at all - it was so boring! When the bell rang, I hurried to put my stuff into my bag, when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder.

"Ey... ain't you the girl from yesterday?" someone said, and I frowned when I recognized the boy from yesterday. Layla behind me seemed to shrink even more into her seat and I moved a bit so she was protected more.

"Yeah... what do you want from me?" I asked, my voice cold.

"You see... because you're new, we'll forgive you for yesterday. But you better stay away from that bitch or we'll get a problem with each other." he growled lowly, looking at me daringly.

"And if I don't stay away from Layla?" I growled back, looking as daringly as he did.
"Then you'll be treated like her." he simply stated. "If you don't want that, then you better come with us now, you can even eat with us."
I looked at him, if looks could kill then he'd be very, very dead now.

"No." I said firmly, and Layla gasped quietly. The boys looked as shocked as she did... just not as cute.

"What did you say!?" the boy hissed, and I sighed annoyed.
"What part of 'No' didn't you understand? I don't want to be part of your stupid gang. And now get out of my way, the break doesn't last forever and I'm hungry. C'me on, Layla" I said, grabbing her hand and pushing us through the boys to get out of the room.

Outside, I immediately pulled her into the girls toilet, and that not a second too early - the guys came out of the classroom, visibly angered, and they headed towards the cafeteria.

"Y-You... you helped me again..." a small voice said and I turned my head towards the small girl.

"Of course I did... I won't let them harm you again, I promise!" I said. She looked at me with wide, silver-grey eyes and I held her small hand tighter. A tear ran down her cheek again, and I wiped it away carefully with my thumb while she bit her trembling lip.

"T-Thank you..." she whipered and I chuckled, then looking at her. "So... your name is Layla, right? I'm Plunette, but you can call me Plu if you want. Only my friends are allowed to call me Plu!"

She nodded, still seemingly shocked - but also happy. "O-Okay P... P-Plu..." she stuttered nervously, watching my face for any sign of disapprovement.
I smiled happily at her and then took another carefull look out of the door, the boys were all gone. "Let's go eating outside then, the sun is even shining... I'm really hungry"
My stomach growled loudly in approvement, and giggling quietly we headed outside, sitting on a bench in the sun while eating our lunch.

After eating it up we just sat there, closing our eyes and enjoying the warmth of the sun - winter was coming soon and the weather wasn't that good since a while. We had to save the last bit of the sun that was left.

Suddenly, I became really tired... the warmth of the sun, the meal and the closness to my cute friend made me feel so comfortable that I started to doze off.

I couldn't hear her small gasp anymore when my head slowly landed on hers, I just fell asleep.

Please like and comment!