"Good morning to you Alpha," Doctor Schulman greeted back, "I have the files you requested, along with the medical information of the pack warriors. Also, reports came in from Mason of the warriors you sent there and their conditions."

Doctor Shulman handed Alpha Jay a huge black binder. Alpha Jay opened it up, smiling at how organized the files were. It would make his job easier. "Thank you, Doctor," Jay said, closing the file.

The doctor smiled and sat up straighter. He loved it when he had to give his weekly file to the Alpha. The pride in the Alpha's eyes at the work and organization in the folder always made him feel like he had done a good job.

Alpha Jay turned to Daisy. Her pale blue eyes were hooded, entranced at the transformation Jay had taken before her. The power he was exerting made it clear in her eyes that he was an Alpha. It was rare that she saw an Alpha do so much so early in the morning. It showed that he cared deeply for his pack. It was no wonder that Alba Rosa was one of the best.

"Daisy?" Alpha Jay said, his voice breaking her trance. He sounded as if he had said it multiple times.

"Yes," Daisy said breathlessly. Alpha Jay cleared his throat. He didn't need a distraction this early in the morning. "I know we called you here for just Grace, but if you have the time, could you also look at our sterile females and males?"

Daisy nodded, "of course Jay," she said.

Jay had to clench his hand when she spoke his name. No distractions. Even if she was his mate.

"Thank you," Alpha Jay said, all business now. "I've drawn up a list with Doctor Schulman of the females and if they are mated or not. The rest of the clinic and paperwork will be shown to you by Doctor Schulman."

Daisy nodded, "Alright, I'll see you later hot stuff."

Doctor Schulman choked on his bubbling laughter, trying, and failing to contain it.

Alpha Jay flashed Daisy a warning, his eyes shining gold. It made goosebumps appear on her arms. In a good way.

Without another word, Alpha Jay ducked out of the office doorway. The sound of his retreat and the closing door following closely together in the silence.

"Ah Daisy," Doctor Schulman said with a smile on his face, "he doesn't know how to act around you."

Daisy laughed, sitting down across from the doctor. They had become friends in their long car ride together. "Most don't, but I grow on them."

Doctor Schulman nodded, motioning for Daisy to follow him.

As they walked down the hall, Doctor Schulman raised a brow at Daisy. He wanted to ask but didn't know if he should or not. Feeling that he trusted Daisy enough he cleared his throat, capturing her attention.

"So, you and the Alpha are mates?" he questioned.

"That seems like what the moon goddess has planned," Daisy said.

"I just have to say Daisy...The Alpha he...he is very straight minded. Black and white thinking. But he is a good Alpha. I'm sure you can already see it," Doctor Schulman looked pleadingly at Daisy, hoping she was understanding what he was saying.

Daisy nodded, "He seems... distant. I've seen a lot of mate encounters in my travels Doc. Most the time the two mates were marked and together just a few hours after meeting each other."

Doctor Schulman sighed, "I'm afraid our Alpha is a bit of a recluse. It was always Beta John that went out and talked to people. Some of the pack thought that it was Beta John that did all the work, but it was quite the opposite."

"Let me guess," Daisy said with a smirk, "Jay holed himself up in his office like an attacked snail and came up and did everything while John did the easy part and told the pack what the Alpha wanted him to?"

Doctor Schulman's eyes landed on Daisy in surprise. "Yes! How did you guess?"

"Doc, trust me when I say I've been to a lot of packs. I've seen how the Alpha and Beta decide to handle their relationship and distribute their power. And I've seen a pack like this one that had an Alpha and Beta relationship like this."

"Do you mind if I ask where?" Doctor Schulman questioned, curiosity getting the better of him.

They had become so trapped in the conversation that they both had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Some small pack in Italy if I remember. The packs all sorta flow together if I'm being honest Doc," Daisy said, "But it was a good system. I think for those pair it worked and I can tell it works here. However,"

There was a pause in Daisy's thoughts as her eyes reflected to a time when she was somewhere else.

"I heard later that that pack didn't last. Something happened to the Beta.... And the Alpha couldn't handle the pack's demands and rebellions..."

Doctor Schulman and Daisy caught each other's eyes. They both knew what the other was thinking.

Daisy grabbed hold of Doctor Schulman's hands, grasping them with a confident and hopeful look in her eyes.

"Don't worry Doc. We'll get through this. I'll need your help, but we can do this. I'll help you save your pack."

Doctor Schulman's face looked down, tears threatening to spill. He didn't want to look weak and cry in front of this female he hardly knew, but she had said the right words at the right time to him.

"Thank you, Daisy," he managed to choke out.

Daisy smiled at the Doctor. It made her heart swell to see someone who cared so much for her mate's pack.

"Come on and show me the rest of the clinic Doc," she said, throwing an arm around the Doctor's shoulders and letting him lead her on down the hall.

1. Don't forget there is a playlist for "Moon Child" that can be found on my bio page

2. What do you think of the story so far? Thoughts on the characters or any events that are going on?

3. How are you liking the quotes? (Man I love quotes, I'm a sucker for pretty words)

4. Anyone seen that new movie 'Baby Driver'? I AM DYING TO SEE IT. I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT. (no spoilers!!!!!)

5. Favorite Ice cream flavor? (Okay Has anyone tried Ben and Jerry's Coffee Toffee? Cause that stuff is to DIE. FOR.)

Until next time my little peepers!

loves,

/////WORLD_JOY_/////