chapter 8 sleeping princess

Music echoed through the dark empty place as a girl with long glowing white hair sat in mid air her legs brought up to her chest as she silently cried .

"Ne, why are you crying ?" A small child voice asked as a small girl with dark black hair walked up to the girl .

"I'm waiting ..."

"Ehhh.. waiting for what ? Or who ?" The dark haired girl asked her as the music came to a stop . Slowly lifting her head she gazed into the blank space . Her eyes empty as tears continued to fall .

"I can't remember ."

"No ! Lacie don't want to !" Lacie yelled out stubbornly crossing her arms .

"Lacie wants to go with Oz!" She yelled out as a trouble Sharon tried to calm her down .

"Lacie, Oz-San is going on a special mission so it's better you stay here ." Sharon said with a gently lady like smile as she sat down on a nearby table sipping on some tea .

"But but ....Lacie wanted to go with Oz . It's so boring here ." Lacie told her with a pout as she played with her fingers ,sitting down on the ground refusing to move . gazing up as Oz and the man called Break spoke to one another .

"The mansion where you had your coming of age ceremony ?" Break asked Oz curiously .

"Since I found this watch there,.I thought there could be something else there about Alice's memories ." Oz said as he held out a pocket watch in his hand. Lacie gasped out as she gazed at it . Gazing at it she felt her head pound as images poured through her head. Reaching out she placed her hands on either side of her head as the imagines poured in faster.

"Don't go !!"

"Don't go , Levi!"

Gasping her eyes widen the the imagines brief through her head .  Behind her on the ground her shadow changed into the shape of a large rabbit it's eyes glowing deep red . Every one else was too busy with their conversation to even notice .

"You promised ..." she muttered put her eyes becoming dull. Turning having heard her voice Alice 's eyes widen as her eyes landed on the shadow behind her .

"Lacie !" Alice yelled out as she rushed over to the girl , in process tackling her to the ground . The shadow instantly disappearing as Lacie regained conclusion . She no longer remembered any of the imagines she had just seen.

"Alice what are you doing to Lacie ?" Oz asked with a small blush.

"Alice-chan ?" Lacie asked her innocently .  Gazing down at her with a small frown Alice stared at Lacie 's red eyes in silence . What was that ? It's gone . Alice thought before getting off Lacie. She's not a chain that's for sure .  Lacie tilted her head in confusion and innocence as she gazed at the girl in front of her .

"Nothing , it's nothing . " Alice muttered turning her head away.

"Ne ne, Alice lets play." Lacie cheerfully said already beginning to pull the girl away .

"Ah, Lacie sorry but Alice has to come with us ." Oz spoke out with a awkward chuckle . Feeling bad knowing she didn't want to be left behind.

"Eh, ....okay ." Lacie said with a pout before rushing out of the room .

"Lacie !"

"Its fine , children pout all the time ." Break assured Oz who chuckled behind the sleeve of the jacket before frowning gazing at the direction Lacie had rushed off to .