"It has everything to do with me,"

I watch carefully when she steps around the edge of the hospital bed, slowly sitting down so she's right beside me. I quickly look away from her when I notice she's staring right at me, her gaze so strong it's almost impossible to keep eye contact. Do I want to convince her it has nothing to do with her when she in fact made me feel broken when I first arrived to Miami High?

"I...confronted you on your first day and everyone lost respect for you because they thought you were the same person," There's a hint of regret laced within her raspy voice and it really does get to me. "I brought you pain for months almost and soon everyone began to feel like it was okay to hurt you. Brad, what he did, and then Quinn--"

"It's okay," I whisper, feeling my chest contract at the sound of the blondes name.

"If you attempted to take your life, I don't think it is," She whispers. I lock eyes with her this time and I ignore the burning in them, knowing I would break down into tears in front of her if she reminded me of it. I stare down at the IV and it almost makes me grow dizzy, my eyes blurring for a split second until I hear her voice again. "I look back at the humiliation I made you go through and it reminds me of twelve year old Camila, and it really does hurt."

"It shouldn't," I tell her. "I hurt you for three years, I humiliated you and made you feel worthless when you were the only person I secretly admired. I felt so much hatred towards you because you had it all. You had the perfect life, loving parents...and I wanted nothing more than to kill mine. It shouldn't have been an excuse to hurt you the way I did, though."

"This is different," Camila's voice shows how bad she feels about my life as a child and she even closes her eyes for a split second, almost as if she didn't want to hear about it. "I targeted you because every time I looked into your eyes, I saw twelve-year-old Lauren, that evil girl that I loathed for years. I would watch you from afar and I almost felt better knowing you were a different person, but every time you smiled at me or even fucking talked to me, I didn't want to admit you were different. I wanted--I wanted..."

"Revenge," I smile softly, knowing that was what she craved as a child up until now. "I understand,"

"No, you don't..." Camila's voice cracks. "Lauren, when I saw you on that bathroom floor, I felt like my world was falling apart. I prayed to God to save you because if you did happen to succeed in taking your life, I would have never been able to apologize to you for what I've done. I would have drowned in my own tears of regret. I felt like shit seeing you like that...I felt, scared."

I can't say anything else to her when she admits how she felt then and there, but I wanted to hug her and cry in her arms because I felt so guilty and selfish. I take a deep breath and I fiddle with both my moist hands, not knowing where I would be without her. She saved my life, and I look back at what I tried to do and I thank god I'm still here because I regret every single second of those miserable moments.

"I should be thanking you," I whisper. "You saved my life."

Camila's lips curl upwards and her intense, brown eyes find mine again. "You saved mine..."

I feel myself smiling when she tells me this, remembering the day I had felt just like she did. I felt like murdering her when I found out she had stolen my jersey, but all thoughts vanished when I saw her standing in front of that train. I felt so much heavier and I knew what she wanted to do, and something in the back of my head kept calling me a murderer as I ran. I ran and ran but that voice continued to echo through my head. It kept telling me I was a killer, that I was a monster. That I was just like my father.