Chapter IV - Home

.. "Kushel run!" the male said as he held back a few demons with a light barrier, "Serpico!.. If this is the last time we see each other.. I love you!" the woman said as he nodded a tear slipping from his cheek..

---

Home. This is it. You were finally back home. 

It's been nine years since you had seen the Sakamaki manor. Nine long years. You left when you were just six years old and now you are coming back with fifteen years of age. It truly has been such a long time. You stepped towards the huge door, knocking on it twice as it then opened when you were going to knock a third time. Smiling, you made yourself comfortable and went in without much thought. 

You walked past the living room as it was the same old furniture and placement as nine years ago. You then made your way to your old bedroom. You opened the door to find a good surprise --  it was still intact, clean and free of dust. It was also untouched, exactly as how you had left it when you had to go away. You leave your suitcase by the door, walking over to the windowsill that you had loved to sit on. You sat on it once again, the cushions still soft, as you stared out the window and down at the beautiful rose garden that Subaru had maintained. You then shifted your view to the gazebo that you'd be with Reiji. Then at the dirt paths that you had walked and ran over with Shu, Ayato, Laito, and Kanato. 

Suddenly you heard a soft growl, menacing and threatening. "Who do you think are to enter this room?" the voiced asked as you couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle. You then stood up from the windowsill, turning around and leaning onto your left leg, placing your hand on your hip. "I can't believe it, Reiji-nii, you couldn't have forgotten about me, I hope?" you pouted playfully as the male's eyes widened. 

He couldn't believe that you were standing right in front of him. It's been years. You had grown. You were now so... Beautiful and alluring. 'Is this truly (Y/N)?... She's so... Grown up now. Yet, she seems unchanged... Unlike us. When that man told us that she had left, everything went spiraling down into the abyss... Why did she suddenly come back? We... We have the potential to hurt her...' he thought while staring at you with shock painted on his face. A particular red headed individual was walking past the same hallway -- he was about to go by until he noticed how the room that was always closed had it's door open. 

He then looked at Reiji weirdly, unsure as to why the older was standing there so petrified. "Oi, Reiji, I command you to respond to me -- why are you just standing..."

He too, was now frozen. 

"(Y-Y/N)...?" he whispered out, his shocked expression becoming a soft one as he then dashed towards you and hugged you tightly. "You're back..." he choked out as you giggled and hugged back. "Yes, I am back, Ayato-nii. I missed you," you whispered in his ear as he hugs you ever so slightly tighter. He then pulls away moving a few strands of hair behind my ear, "Welcome back, (Y/N)," he says as you smiled. 

Reiji then cleared his throat, seemingly out of the petrified state. He then walks over to you, giving you a soft hug -- as if he was hugging a delicate piece of artwork which was a huge difference from how Ayato hugged you. "Welcome back, (Y/N), I am sure the others are going to be happy in regards to your return," he said as you hugged Reiji back. "I'm glad to be back, Reiji-nii, Ayato-nii. But I must say... You two are big meanies for forgetting about me! Hmph!" you huffed as Ayato exclaimed. "Who said I forgot you?! Yours truly never forgets!" he boasts as you laugh at his reaction.