FIN

After we've confronted each other about the real that happened during the Christmas eve party, we're starting to get real close to each other again like how we used to be. Tae and I are going out again as usual but most of the days we just spent by watching netflix.

New Year's eve is tonight and we don't even have amything planned for it. Don't couples normally watch fireworks together or watch the ball drop or something like that?

I nudged Taehyung's abs with my elbow. "What?" He asked, propping his hand up against his face as his other hand is wrapped around my body.

"Are we going out tonight?" I turned towards him. It's New Year's eve, he better has something planned out or else.

"Oh, right. It's New Year's eve, right? Hmm," He gave it a long thought, "let's just watch the fireworks together."

Is that the only he has in mind? Nothing romantic? Nothing cheesy?

"Thaaaaaa...t's it?" I trailed off, looking into his eyes.

"Pretty much," He shrugged his shoulders and noticed my unsatisfied look, "Why? What's wrong? You wanna do something else?"

"Nah, nothing. That one's fine," I turned away from him and faked smile. He definitely doesn't have anything special planned for us.

"Okay," He said cheekily and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. "I wanna cuddle," He put one leg above mine and spoonned me from behind.

"Fine, let's cuddle," I said as I turned back towards him and snaked my around his waist, burying my face into his chest.

I like the feeling of having large, protective arms wrapped around my body. I feel...protected, as if that isn't obvious.

I don't know how long we've cuddled, because somehow we fell asleep. By the time we woke up, it was already 11.30!pm and we have only half an hour more to go before the fireworks go off.

"Shit!" I exclaimed, getting up from the couch. I turned around once I realised Tae was still sleeping and went to lightly slap his face multiple times.

"Tae, baby wake up. We're going to be late for the fireworks."

His eyes immediately opened in shock and he got up. "How long did we sleep?!"

"I don't know, now let's just get ready before we're too late to watch the fireworks," I quickly walked up to my room to clean myself.

The city centre is located quite far from here and getting there fast at a time like this is impossible, the traffic is just ridiculous. I was just worried we might not be there in time to witness the fireworks since that's all we have planned for tonight.

By the time I had finished putting on my very light makeup since I didn't have the time to properly put on makeup, Taehyung also got out of the bathroom. He was dressed in the same clothes he was in before and nudged his head towards the door.

"Yup, I'm ready. Let's go," I said as I took his hand that was waiting to be cupped in mine.

****

"Taehyung?" This route isn't familiar.

"Yes?" His calm voice answered me.

"This isn't the way to the city centre," I slowly turned my head towards him.

"So?"

"We were supposed to go to the city centre," I looked at him in disbelief.

"Let's just say, I already had something else planned," He smirked at me before I suddenly found that hot and shut up. One hand grabbed mine and squeezed it as another was on the steering wheel, "You'll see later."

Soon, we arrived at the beach and I don't know how he managed to do that just in time before the clock strikes 12 midnight.

"The beach?" I chuckled. He didn't say anything and held his hand out for me to take. After his hand found mine, he brought us to a pier...wait, this is his Thinking pier that he brought me to before.

"Familiar?" The smile that was carved on his face is the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. I nodded as I take in the serene surroundings around me. There was not a lot of people there, and it was quiet and decorated with bright lights to illuminate the night.

"This place is beautiful Tae, but we can't see the fireworks at the city centre from here. It's too far away," Not that it matters.

"Who says they don't have fireworks here," And just as he said that, the clock striked 12 midnight and fireworks from the beach went off.

Beautiful bright lights, golden sparkles and red fiery flowers, this is perfect. I wouldn't ask for anything more other than this because even the simplest thing he do, is big to me.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Happy New Year." God, that smile. I'd die to see that smile everyday.

"Happy New Year," I replied to him as I laid my head against his chest.

Suddenly, some bells jingle from above and curiously, I looked up to find out what the source of the sound was. Guess what?

It was a mistletoe.

I looked down back at Tae and chuckled, "Seriously? A mistletoe?"

"I didn't get to spend my Christmas earlier with the woman that I love the most now, and it's all my fault. I wanna make it up to you and eventhough you already forgave me, I'd still think of myself so lowly and I can't forgive myself for doing that. Fuck, Jinni, I love you so badly you have no idea," He put two hands on my shoulders and looked at me directly in the eyes.

Suddenly, it felt like someone was cutting onions. That's all I can describe.

"Hey, baby don't cry," He put his thumbs on my cheeks and wiped away the tears. "I know that we're still young but that doesn't mean that we have much time. We can die tomorrow or we can die a hundred years from now, for all I know. And I don't wanna risk not being able to see you before one of us leaves and I just can't stand the idea of being away from you."

He brought his hands up to my face and gently cupped them, pulling me closer to him until out faces are merely inches away.

"Therefore, I am going to come to you. You don't have to do anything but just let me do the things. Slowly, I'll come to you and close the distance between us. Even if it's just something like giving you a bouquet of flowers everyday or a chocolate bar everyday, or giving you a piggyback ride once in a while when you hurt your foot but whatever it is, I'll come to you. You just stand there and love me, that's all you have to do."

That was the most beautiful thing I've heard from him and I can't help but laugh hearing it. I've never felt so loved before.

"Okay?" He laughed as well. "Man, I can't believe I did that."

"Will you just kiss me already?" The mistletoe was already long there.

He laughed and closed the distance between us, lips against lips and bodies against bodies. And eventhough the fireworks are gone, the fireworks in my stomach had just started.

***

THE END.