Chapter Sixty-Two

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know I would be meeting him again." I sighed, not being able to meet his gaze. "I was so busy and carefree, my mind didn't bother thinking about it." 

He stayed quiet for a while, but grinned afterwards. "Alright! You came here because you missed me.. didn't you?" 

I frowned. "Taehyung, I missed you, but that's not it." 

His smile dropped. "Then what is it?" 

I took a deep breath and looked up at him. "We're moving out of town." 

"What?" he blinked a few times, his mouth agape. He moved closer and enveloped his much larger hands around mines. "Yuna.. you're joking.. right?" 

"We're leaving tomorrow." I added, breathing deeply. "I wanted to tell you." 

He pursed his lips and turned away from me. 

I moved closer. "We'll still see each other.. from time to time." my voice lowered. "I'd always want to see you." 

"Yuna-" 

"Taehyung." another voice from behind me said. He quickly wiped his tears and turned to his dad. "Let me talk to her." he motioned us to go inside. 

My heart pounded. 

My whole purpose of going here was to tell Taehyung about going. I didn't plan on meeting Valor nor Taehyung's dad. Much less was I ready for it. 

"Taehyung." I said sternly, hoping he would decline, but he just grinned and gently pulled me inside. I was so nervous, he probably noticed my palm sweating. 

"You'll be okay." he reassured, placing a gentle kiss on my injured hand and leading me to the living room, where the two were. 

"Hello again." I greeted. I didn't know what to say, oh god, here I go again with saying nonsense whenever I was nervous. "I'm Rhee Suyung." 

His dad nodded and motioned me to sit down across from him. Taehyung sat beside me, while Jeonghyun was on the farthest seat. 

"So.. I'm guessing you two are in a relationship then.." he eyed the both of us. "Taehyung, you haven't told me anything about this." 

"We aren't." he reassured. "I'm still waiting for her mother to say yes. But I can date her.. right?" 

"I want to know her first." he said. "What do your parents do for a living?" 

They grew quiet. I felt their gazes burn. I hated it when attention was on me. "My mother's doing community service for now.. my father isn't working." 

He gave me an unamused look. "What?" 

"Our business went bankrupt." I explained slowly. 

"And are you studying?" 

"No.." I replied. I know he didn't like the answers I were giving him, but I might as well tell him everything about me. 

He nodded and moved closer, clasping his hands together. "Where do you work, then?" 

"A restaurant on weekdays and town hall on weekends." I answered. "I dropped out of school to focus on supporting my family." 

"That's nice of you." Jeonghyun smiled. 

"What do you want to take up in college?" he questioned. And for once, I was puzzled. 

"I.. don't know yet, Ahjussi." I replied. He nodded slowly and eyed me. 

"What are your talents and hobbies?" I didn't know why that was such a question to ask, but I answered it anyways. He asked me a bunch more questions, Jeonghyun complimenting me from time to time, but I felt.. upset for some reason. 

I ended up telling him about my family, my hand, Mina, that day, my thoughts on certain things, and I tried my best to answer them with most honesty. 

"Hmm." he nodded. "I want this to be frank, Suyung.. I don't want to make things indirect - I don't want you for my son." 

My heart pounded, and I wished I heard him incorrectly. Did I not make a good first impression? 

"What?" Taehyung breathed out. Jeonghyun seemed surprised, but didn't say anything. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. I was usually so open-minded, but this time, I was holding back. 

"I want someone who already has.. inheritance." he pointed out. "Someone who can surely take care of you, Taehyung. And your childish ways. Someone more mature, who can surely resist you, and not have much things in mind." 

I couldn't complain. But I didn't want things to end like this. 

So with all courage, I cleared my throat. "I want to help my family.. and I.. really like Taehyung." I turned my head so he couldn't see my red face. When did I get so conscious about my words? 

He nodded slowly, but didn't answer. 

"Dad," Taehyung started, a smile on his face. "Isn't she pretty? She's also a pianist and an artist! She's talented and beautiful in every way." he gently moved my face. 

"Her hand's injured." Jeongyun pointed out, moving his head closer. "From a doctor's perspective.. is it nerve damaged?" 

I pursed my lips and nodded. So.. he was a doctor, then. Well, that's something new to learn. 

"I've already chosen someone else." his dad stated, sighing. And I felt my heart break. "Her parents and I have talked. Have some shame, Taehyung." 

I didn't want to meet anyone's eyes. 

I stood up and bowed, "Uh.. thank you. I'm going now.." but I felt someone pull me back from leaving. 

"No, Dad," I could hear the desperation in Taehyung's voice. I didn't know what to feel. What about our promise? "She makes me happy. Please." 

"I don't want you to end up like me." his dad responded. "I thought me and your mother would have a relationship with no regrets. Our families never liked each other. What more of the both of you?" 

He was right. 

"You can meet her family." Taehyung pleaded. "They're wonderful people." 

"Just when she mentioned the bankrupt part, I grew uninterested." he pointed out. "Suyung, you're gonna have to go. And Taehyung, you're going to meet someone else by next month." 

"I don't want to." Taehyung seemed so frustrated, I wanted to hug him so bad. But inside, I was, too. "I don't want you to meet her again." and with that, he walked upstairs. 

Jeongyun flashed us a sympathetic look, before following. 

I slowly made my way to the front door, not knowing what to feel. So.. it ends like this.. then? 

I looked up and forced a smile. When we met eyes, he broke down. I pulled him in a hug. 

"Please be happy and fulfill our promise." I pulled away. 

"All I want is to be happy and be with you." he pursed his lips, something he did whenever he cried. 

"Your dream, Taehyung." I reminded him. 

"I want you to be by my side." he shot back. "I want you to be there.." 

I closed my eyes for a bit, before sighing. I stood on my toes and planted a kiss on his lips, wherein he immediately kissed back. Unlike all our other moments, this wasn't as heartwarming. 

"I love you." he breathed out. I pulled away and smiled at him. 

He seemed like he wanted to come. But if it wasn't for his father's intense gaze from behind, he would've. 

"I love you too." 

And I turned on my heel. 

---

DUNDUNDUNDUN

Valor.. maybe you guys forgot about him! Turns out.. he was this character! XD 

Love problems HAHA. No relationship is perfect - things might get a little mean or something..