9. Marry Me, Now, Please?

Start from the beginning

His clenched jaw clearly indicated his troubled state and his eyes squinted to the front. Scarlett could easily presume that he was uptight about something, and not just something but Dylan. At this point in life, he was the only person to exist on the planet that would make Aaron ill-tempered.

However, Scarlett decided not to perturb his thoughts. Truthfully, she was not looking forward to having a conversation that included Dylan's existence in it. She was struggling to keep him away in all senses.

+++++

"An additional option that could be picked for this is franchising," Aaron supposed, glancing convincingly at everyone present in the room. His eyes landed on her as he continued, "Effectively, it might carry out the ability to take the risk of setting up in different localities. But, we still have to put in the hard work to supervise out of the country branches and the effort should be visible, letting everyone know about the updated mould that can run in multiple locations." He completed it. They were discussing the measures, which needed to be taken for the betterment of the upcoming turnover.

After an hour or so, it finally ended.
The discussion room slowly vacated as she advanced her steps to her office room followed by Grace, her assistant.

"Scarlett, hold on, could we talk for a minute?" Aaron asked.
"Yes, of course." She nodded. Scarlett signalled Grace to carry on as she waited for Aaron to wrap up to join her in the office.

"I'm waiting for you in my office." She announced as he looked up from his case for a moment. "Okay." He replied and she made her steps back to her office.

"What could it be?" Scarlett wondered. By noticing him, he looked quite stressed and uncertain. Even at the time of his presentation, he was distressed, although he struggled not to let anyone know, Scarlett could shape it out.

"Aaron?" She waved in front of him when he just stared at her and did not say anything. Again, he dubiously stared at her, leaving her to frown big time.

"Yes?" She raised her brows as he stepped closer. Steadily taking her hand, he brushed his thumbs. Scarlett's eyes stared at their hands in confusion. Shifting her gaze up, she found him already staring at her with warm affection. It was the subsequent time in that day, that she'd witnessed him sharing those intense glances. Clearly, something was definitely bothering him.

"Scarlett," he sighed, causing her forehead to crease more. "I know that you are not yet ready and..."

"What's the matter, Aaron! You're scaring me." Scarlett cut him off as he started to falter and looked everywhere except at her as he spoke.

She stated as he breathed out a defeated sigh, "Can we marry now? I mean as soon as possible?" He asked; taking her off guard. Scarlett did not pretend like it was not a bombshell to her as she stared at him staggered. He continued, "I don't want to lose you. It's the only thing that I have been thinking about recently." He confessed his fear. Unexpectedly, he cupped her face, "I know I have promised not to coerce you with this, but..." I cut him off, backing away.

"I am not going back to Dylan, if that's what scares you, Aaron. It's already over for me a long time back." Scarlett defiantly stated leaving him astonished. She obviously realizes that she was being selfish but what could she do? She really cannot help it.

"You have to trust me in this," She continued, "I don't understand why everyone seems to be so unconvinced about it. You guys know me better than this, don't you, Aaron?" Rapidly, I realized my voice was rising at the octave.

Scarlett was unhappy. First, Dylan himself, thinks that she was going to run inside his arms after what he had done in the past. Then, Julia turns to be so hesitant about it, that literally, she needed reassurance from her. Now, in the end, it happens to be Aaron, who seems clearly uncertain about it.

"I'm sorry, that you got the wrong idea, Scarlett. I wasn't thinking that way." He responded, again stepping closer to her.

Soon, Scarlett realized that she made a big deal out of it. Noting her susceptibility and her behavior these days, it might be crystal clear for them. She feels her mother was right, too. She'd already decided to marry him. Then what was the point of delaying the day to any further extent?

Aaron shook his head as he turned to the other side staring out of his large windows. Scarlett stood beside him as he held her hand again.
"Aaron," she called out for him in a quiet voice. He waited for her to continue, "I'm ready." Instantaneously, a bright smile added up to his face as he immediately took her inside his arms. She smiled a little.

Pulling away, he held her face in his hands, kissing her head. His hands slipped down and curled back around her waist, leaving Scarlett breath struck.

Aaron loves her but she feels she was just not right for him. It was like she was cheating on him, hiding her true feelings. It's all annoyingly so complicated.

"Are you sure you have not changed your mind after meeting him frequently?" Aaron asked, bringing his hand up to her face and stroking it, he continued, "Don't be mad sweetheart," he mumbled and his gaze stopped by her lips leaving her again alarmed. "I know, he's been following you." He answered her thoughts.

"No, I haven't," Scarlett responded looking down.
"What do you think of a September wedding then?" He asked, his arms still resting around her. She hummed in response, slightly nodding her head in agreement.

"Splendid!" He expressed getting closer. Scarlett felt his lips on her temple as she sighed silently in his arms. Drawing away, he gazes at her again.

Before Scarlett could get away from the uncomfortable situation that she was in, he leaned in and he held her nearer. Scarlett closed her eyes, not yet ready to face the reality. Certainly, they were just an inch apart and then their lips would intimately meet but a loud knock at her door made them pull apart abruptly and Scarlett immediately ended up a few steps away from him. She breathed heavily for a few reasons.

"Co...come in." She responded, her voice coming out vague. Aaron gave her a cheeky smile as he kissed the side of her lips.

It was Grace at the door. Before walking out, Aaron glared at her, only to get a half crooked smile from her.

**********