9. Marry Me, Now, Please?

Start from the beginning

She shook my head incredulously. Mindlessly, she was holding her thoughts responsible for keeping her awake late at night.
"What has gotten over me? I am insane sometimes." She ridiculed herself.

After getting ready, Scarlett put on her shoes, grabbed her bag, shoved her phone inside it and rushed outside where probably, Aaron was waiting for her and she was absolutely right. Indeed, he was waiting for his ladylove. Scarlett studied his expression, after all that irritability last night, he looked all right. Meanwhile, Julia appeared with a glass of juice for her.

"Thanks, mom, I needed it." She mumbled as she smiled warmly.

"How many times have I told you this Aaron, I don't like it when you come all the way here, just to pick me up?" Scarlett pointed out her disagreement for the umpteenth time, and Aaron being himself, just smiled it off making her sigh.

He chuckled, stepping closer to where she'd sat and explained, "Call me old school here sweetheart, but I love doing these small things, even though you won't let me drive." He smiled fondly her way. Her eyes involuntarily shifted mom's way as she grinned in delight. Aaron continued, "Scarlett, we hardly get any time to spend, like being us and not as partners or whatever. We are always delimited by the professional people, so I appreciate this time, you know." He explained further.

"What's your matter here, Scarlett? I would feel so special if someone did that for me." Julia, her mother jumped in as she gave her a stare.

"What?" She countered as she shook her head in disbelief.

"What's the point anyway?" She gave Aaron a wry smile as he chuckled. He knew what was going to come. Julia sighed and she continued glancing at Aaron, "Wouldn't it seem dumb when you drive here only to be driven back when I could just go all by myself to the company? I mean think, do you remember yourself driving us, leading anywhere when the chauffeur is not around? You know I won't give in to that issue." She shrugged as he laughed quietly.

He knew about it. Scarlett would never let anyone compel her when they are travelling with her. It is something she was accustomed to for years already and she finds it impossible to sit on the passenger's seat.

"That's okay, love. I am not complaining." He addressed leaning to her level as he brought his hands up to her cheek. The ease Scarlett felt a minute back has instantly changed into discomfort. However, Aaron seemed completely oblivious to her problem, he looked her way. Scarlett chose to smile a little, and at that moment, it felt like such a hard thing to do.

Brushing his thumb over the corner of her lips, he stared for a moment, leaving her strained and restless. "There was something in the corner of your lips," he said in a quiet voice as she nodded and inattentively, Scarlett's hand reached there, probably to remove the stains of liquid, "It's fine now." He stepped away.

"Thanks." She mumbled and checked if her mother was there, but appeared that she was gone. Scarlett breathed out a silent sigh. Realizing his stares on her, Scarlett looked up at him and expectedly, he already gazed at her carrying a smile expressing fondness. He did not recognize her propensity when he passed Scarlett his finest signature smile.

Scarlett and Aaron were on their way when she looked towards her side, only to witness a frowning Aaron. Occasionally, she glanced his way but he seemed to be fully occupied. More often, it's him, doing all the talking, whether it's related to work or personal stuff. Therefore, today, as he seemed to be in absolute loss, Scarlett slightly missed the carefree Aaron.