18 - Cathy

18

Cathy

Mina lent Cathy a beautiful orange and yellow gown that she had not used for a really long time. Cathy looked beautiful in it as she swirled around staring at the mirror and thanking Mina at 4pm dancing about with pure happiness. Cathy had very conveniently fitted her black bikini under the pretty light dress and very confidently had pinned up her hair. The doorbell rang and Cathy jumped to answer it in her flip flops.

She opened the door with the least amount of expectation that it would be Carter but she was surely surprised. He stood in his white cardigans and light pink polo top, which made him look like those billionaires in those typical Mills and Boons books that every girl reads.

“How do you know what floor I live on?” Cathy’s jaws dropped.

“My address on my very well preserved resume would answer that question for you” Mina laughed lightly expecting such a move from Carter would be possible one day.

“You’re crazy I tell you” Cathy nodded and grabbed her beach purse and pushed Carter out of the apartment, which he had barely entered.

“Come on! Show me your room” he insisted as she quickly dribbled down the stairs.

“No, not yet” she smiled and pushed the front door of the building open.

A mini cooper stood there, black and white stripped. It looked adorable and so not Carter’s type.

“My mom insisted I take it easy on you” Carter laughed and got inside the car. The sudden feeling of being able to go on a yacht and being driven around in a mini cooper drove Cathy crazy. She never really imagined that despite his wonderful heart, she also liked being treated like a queen once in a while.

“There’s a slight change of plans” Carter politely smiled.

“What is it?” Cathy slumped in her seat thinking maybe everything does not turn out to be perfect for certain people; like her.

“Max, he forced himself on the yacht, so he’s going to be there all the time, which means it’s a date between the three of us” he frowned annoyed.

“Oh, wouldn’t that be awkward” Cathy huffed and looked outside the window. They were already nearing the docks and the by judging the bright sunny sky outside, Cathy was glad that at least the weather was good.

Carter parked the car in a place which seemed like his usual spot and pulled the hand-break up. Cathy turned to open her passenger door when he suddenly grabbed her hand. She very slowly turned to look at him and started to shiver a little with nervousness. Carter looked deep into her eyes and smiled.

“What?” she asked shyly.

“You look beautiful” he sighed gracefully.

“Thank you” Cathy blushed and got out of the car.

“Ah, welcome fellow mates on the SS BANE!” Max appeared from the top deck of beautiful white yacht. He looked brilliant in his Mayfair’s and casual boat wear. His hair was set perfectly on the top of his head. He had kept a mature look by not shaving his stubbed chin. Cathy looked at Carter and still felt that there was nothing compared to Carters maturity but Max really stepped up a notch this time.

Cathy got on the boat with Carter following behind her. A cold glass of sparkling champagne was handed to her and both the brothers settled down on comfortable looking chairs and relaxed. Cathy turned to enjoy the view of the bright horizon as the boat began to move towards the deeper parts of the water.