Wounded

They ran a few miles before stopping. They looked around, making sure no one was following them. The sun was barely rising.

"I don't understand." Rob said, sitting down on the ground.

Ella looked at him, confused. "What?"

"Why didn't we hide out in Erika's cabin at the first place?"

"We were under stress, Rob. Her cabin was the last thing in our minds." She looked in to the horizon. "We're not too far from her cabin. We'll get there tonight, with a few stops."

He nodded and stood up, "Let's go." They started running again. After a few minutes of running, they heard a faint helicopter.

"Shit, run!" Rob whispered. They quicken their pace. Ella looked back and saw that it was coming closer.

"Hurry up, into that cave!"

They ran towards the cave as fast as we can. As we entered the cave, we went deep as so they wouldn't find us. We were quiet, our panting was the only thing we heard. 

"I think they saw us." Ella panted. We could hear the helicopter lowering. 

"What are we going to do?" Rob asked, trying to get his breath back.

"We fight, then take the helicopter. You got bullets in your gun?" They both checked their bullets. She had 3.

"I have 2 left."

"Make those bullets count."  They heard the Koreans enter the cave, slowly. Rob and Ella pressed our backs on the rocks and kept a close eye. Ella figured that there was about 5. As one slowly approached her, she looked at Rob and gave him a signal to wait. The guard came closer, he passed her and she took that advantage to grab him from his neck and choked him. Ella slowly put him down without making any noise and took his gun and dragged him to a corner. They quietly walked closer to the next victim. She nodded at Rob and he choked the soldier that was passing us. Ella quietly move froward and shot one of the soldier. She heard the other soldiers become alert. She gave Robert a nod and started shooting the last 2 soldiers. It happened so fast, one second she was shooting at them then the second, she was on the ground in pain.

"Ella!" Robert yelled as he shot the last one. He dropped his gun and ran towards Ella.

"Were you shot?" Ella nodded as she held her wound to stop the bleeding. Robert lifted her up, bridal style and carried her to the helicopter. He put her on the seat and strapped her. Robert pushed the dead north korean out and started the helicopter.

"Do you even know how to fly one?" Ella said as she winced.

"No, but i'm taking a chance. If I dont get you to Erika's, you will bleed out."

With that, Ella fell unconscious. Robert went and started operating the helicopter.

-TimeSkip* To Erika's

Rob shakily landed on Erika's cabin, he pull of his seat belt and got out of the helicopter to the group who were standing in front with their guns loaded.

"Jed! Jed! It's me, Rob!" He screamed in panic. They put their guns down and ran to him hugging him.

"You're alive!" Could be heard. Rob pushed Toni off of him and looked at Jed and Matt.

"Where's Ella?" Matt asked. Rob pointed at the helicopter.

"In there. The North Korean found us hiding in a cave. We shot them but Ella got injured. I stopped the bleeding with clothes. She's not looking too well." After he said that, Jed ran to the Helicopter and ripped off the door and took her out.

"Toni, get the kit. Erika, fresh pair of clothes. Matt, water and a rug." Jed ordered as he carried her to the cabin. Ella groaned and lightly opened her eyes.

"Jed?" She called, in pain. Jed looked down at her little sister, surprised.

"Ella! You're okay, babygirl. You'll be fine. Just stay with us." He reassured her. Jed gently placed her on a bed and Matt came running in with water and rug.

"Ella! You're awake! You're so brave, little sister. You're going to be okay." Matt said as he stokes her hair and kisses her forehead.

Toni and Erika came in giving what they have to Jed. Jed cut off the side of Ella's shirt and started wiping off the blood. Ella cried out in pain as she clenched Matts hand. Matt tried to soothe her by stroking her hair.

"Ella? Babygirl, this will hurt. I'm going to take out the bullet." Jed warned her while he desinfect the tweezer and wound. She nodded and turned away from her older brother and bit her lip. He slowly pulled out the bullet then quickly treat it.

"Take a rest, Little one. You'll need it." Matt and Jed kissed her forehead before leaving the room. Robert sat in the livingroom, worried and nervous. He rubbed his face with his hand to wipe away his tears.

"She's fine, Rob." Matt told him, patting his shoulder. "She's resting right now."

"Oh thank God." He whispered.

"You did everything that you can." Erika assured him.

"I could've protected her. I was so weak! I should've pushed her away. All she did was protect me, telling me what to do so I don't get caught. I should be the one who is laying on the bed, wounded."

"Listen to me, Rob," Jed looked him in the eye from acrossed the room. "You couldn't avoid it. You did what you had to do which was bring her over here on a helicopter that you don't even know how to operate. You did good, Rob. Thank you for bringing her back to us." 

Robert nodded before standing up and went to take a shower. "You think she'll be okay?" Toni asked.

"Of course she will. She's an Eckart." Jed stated a fact. And the others chuckled. 

For the pass few hours, they took turn on checking on Ella. Toni and Erika made dinner and the boys patrolled around the cabin checking if there was any spies or soldier.

That night, Rob entered the room where Ella was resting. He quietly closed the door and sat on the chair near the bed. He stroked her cheek and her hair and admired her.

He felt an unusual feeling in his gut. He hastly swallowed. "I've never noticed this before, you're so beautiful." He murmured, studying every inch of her face.

A/N: Hey guys! Okay, I'm going to honest here. I had authors block and I didn't know what else to write about and I procratinated, okay? Anyway, hopefully this year, I will keep on writing this story and finish it. Oh! And by the way, Happy New Year, guys! 

Don't forget to like, comment and vote! You guys are the best annnnnnnd EVERY INCH OF YOU IS PERFECT FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP