Close

Ella demanded Daryl to lay down the couch. She lifted his shirt and checked how deep the bullet was.

"Toni, Erika, I need some alcohol, a knife, rug and the first aid kit." The two girls found the object and handed to Ella.

"Daryl, I want you to bite on this rug." She gave him the rug and he bit on it as she cut his skin. She took the tracker out with a (plucker) and sew the wound close. She disinfect the area.

"You're good. Let's go!" She said as she grab the bullet. "You guys go ahead. I'll throw this away."

As she turned away, Robert grabbed her arm. She looked at him. "It's dangerous for you to go alone. I'll come with you." She sigh but nodded. "We'll meet you at Erika's cottage." She took a gun and ran out with Robert behind her. They managed to dodge soldiers as they ran into the woods.

"We need to find the lake." Ella panted. Robert nodded and they ran faster.

"There!" Robert yelled, pointing at the direction.

When they got to the lake, Ella grabbed an empty bottle that was on the ground and shoved the tracker in it. Robert ripped off some branches and made a little raft. Ella put the bottle on the raft before leaving it to sail.

"We should go before they find us." Robert said. And they set off running.

They ran towards Erika's cottage which wasn't too far from where they are. Ella stopped running and looked at the sky. It was already dark. She looked at Robert, who looked tired. She took a deep breath.

"We should rest up for a couple of hours before the sun rise up." Robert nodded as he sat down on the ground. He looked at Ella who was laying down, staring at the starlit sky.

"When do you think this will be over? Will it ever be over?" He asked, playing with the grass.

"It will be over when all the americans will be distinct or put into slavery." She answered. "Our lives will never go back to normal. Unless we fly to another country, but that will be impossible."

"Why isn't the President doing anything?"

"I don't know,Rob. Maybe the Koreans got them too."

Robert didn't say anything after that. He leaned his back on the tree trunk and closed his eyes. Letting his body relaxed for the first time in a long time.

Ella stayed awake to make sure no one sneaks up and kill them. She sat up and looked around. Everything was quiet other than the crickets. She looked at Robert who looked peaceful. She would give him at least 2 hours of rest before they start moving. Her thoughts goes to the others. Did they get there? How did they travelled? Did they hijacked a car? She felt a cold breeze passed her, she shivered. Why did life end up like this? They're only 16 years old...Robert was right. Will they ever go back to normal? Or do they have to grow up like this?

Ella rubbed her face. She heard voices in the far distance. It was the Koreans. She grabbed her gun and crawled towards Robert. She shook him awake. He woke up with a tired and panicked face of Ella. She held up her finger and pointed at the voice.

"We need to go. Now." She whispered. They both stood up and as quietly as they could, they started running.

----------------
I know I haven't been updating quite often. School is a pain in the ass. Hope you guys liked this chapter! Don't forget to vote and review (and follow)!

You guys are beautiful/handsome! Don't let anyone say otherwise! xx