The Good, The Bad, And The Husband Part 2

"Zhou Zhou!" Yelled Jing Yu at the top of his lungs as soon as he closed the front entrance of their apartment. "I've brought you some presents!"

Rolling his two luggages behind him, he was anticipating Zhou Zhou to be in the living room. But, there were no signs of him there or any life forms on that matter. Even his dog Blue or Zhou Zhou's cat, Porridge, were nowhere to be seen. Jing Yu walked to the kitchen, thinking his baby was hungry. Again, he found no one, nor his dog and Porridge.

A puzzled Jing Yu led his feet back to the living room. Sitting on the cold couch, he pondered to where his lover had gone while he opened his black metallic luggage. He sorted his things separately with two piles, the pile of presents that was to be given to his boyfriend and his belongings. The pile of gifts was getting bigger compared to his pile of laundry and personal things.

Sighing, Jing Yu's annoyance by the disappearance of his favorite person on the world began to fester into irritation. Minutes passed as he stare mindlessly at the TV with the news of his return. Everyone was buzzing about his return, but he couldn't care less. It wasn't until he hear keys jingling and door opening that Jing Yu jumped up from his seat to investigate who had just came in.

Of course, Jing Yu doesn't have to guess who it was, for only a few people are allowed in their own personal space. That was both of their parents, and only a couple of their close friends and employees. Both of their parents had a copy to their apartments, but they only visits in the weekend. Today was Thursday, so they were crossed off from his list.

Jing Yu then thought of their closest friends and personal assistants. But, he quickly crossed them out as he had ordered them to contact him or come to this apartment if there was any emergencies. He had definitely done a good job in finishing his work before getting another time for himself and Zhou Zhou. The friends are also taken of the list since he knew they were all in an overseas project. That only left the person he had been wanting, missing, and waiting to meet for some time after his long, busy, and arduous months.

The brown eyed hues of the tall and muscled stature blocked the path of the person who just entered the apartment. The shorter of the two closed the door after letting the pets roam, but the paper bag in his right arm gave away. Many perishable produce fell down on the floor, bruising some fruits while some things came out of their plastic containers.

A beam appeared on Jing Yu's face as he looked lovingly at his partner, crouched down trying to pick up the fallen goods on the tiled floor. He heard the man cursed as he desperately try to salvage the scattered and broken Candied Haw sticks. Jing Yu's grin spread even more as he stared straight at the man's backside and two shapes of plump globes in front of him.

He approached quietly, his feet noiselessly walked until the distance, between him and the man still bend over, was no more. Bending his body in an angle to grab his lover in his arms, he embraced his lover gently. "Zhou Zhou, you could have texted or called me that you were going out before you left," Jing Yu whispered in his gruff sounding voice.

This sentence startle Zhou Zhou, dropping the already broken and dirtied candied stick.

"Jing Yu!" The startled Zhou Zhou grabs his chest as he calmed his self and his racing heart. Twisting in Jing Yu's arms, Zhou Zhou face his partner with his mouth drawn down. "Well, you didn't have to startle me. You gave me a fright."

He looked down at the mess he had made, a sigh escaped from his lips. "There goes our dinner."

Looking across his lover's shoulder, Jing Yu looked at the ingredients he could still salvage. He found he can make a similar led dish out of the ingredients he could save. Releasing Zhou Zhou from his embrace, Jing Yu went to pick up the objects scattered on the floor.