Chapter 2

6pm

I walked out of the apartment dressed in a long fitted maxi dress with sandals and my necklace that craig gave me on our 2nd year anniversary. I made sure that the apartment door was locked before I walked downstairs. A couple minutes later I was in her car and she was driving off.

"Girl thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate it. I don't wanna do this alone." Mari said cheesing. I laughed cause I remember when I was this happy.

"No problem. Just let me be the third wheel." I joked.

"No Naomi.." She sighed. I laughed a little shaking my head.

"I'm just messing with you, but I had a flashback about what happened." I said looking down.

She glanced over at me. "With craig?" I nodded and looked down. She sighed and pulled into the parking lot. "Look baby girl, I know that was high school sweet heart and you saw him get killed in front of you, but I know he doesn't want to see you suffering and putting your life on hold while he's up in heaven. Don't let him stop you from actually finding love Naomi."

I looked at her and nodded my head. "You know what you're right. Thanks girl" I hugged her tightly. She always knew the right things to say. Talia does too, but that's only with relationships.

"Alright, but are you ready. You got your make up all fixed up. Lipstick still popping. You good?" I asked her to make sure she was set.

She pulled down the sun visor and opened the latch looking at herself in the mirror. She closed it and put it up looking at me. "Girl put on some lip gloss or something." She told me getting out the car.

I quickly grabbed my drug store clear lip gloss putting it on. I got out the car closing the door behind me. We both walked inside looking around.

"Oh this is them." She walked towards the table. I walked behind her looking around at the place. It was real nice. "Yep this is them" She smiled.

I finger combed my hair as we were getting close. She fluffed her hair and smiled. "Darius?"

He turned around and stood up quickly. "Jah'Mari?" He said in his deep voice. She smiled lightly. "Wow.. you look beautiful when you're sober" He chuckled.

"Thanks." She laughed. "This is my friend Naomi." She said introducing me to him.

He smiled and shook my hand. "Nice to mean you Naomi, this is my friend August." He said introducing his friend.

He took off his glasses smiling at both of us. He extended his hand towards me and I smiled shaking his hand softly. "Wassup Ma'." He smirked at me. He was tall and skinny. I looked at his tattoos on his arms and the "A" on his neck. I continued to stare at him in lust. I don't know why, but something is up with him.

August

Darius told me about him meeting the girl that he met at the club at some joint. I decided to tag along since he said he was going to bring a friend for her friend she's bringing. I'm that friend. I stood up as soon as they arrived. I looked at lil mama. She was nice and slim with a fat ass in the back. I took off my glasses extending my hand towards her. "Wassup ma'." I smirked at her. She shook my hand back as she stared at my features. Shit, I was doing the same thing. She's beautiful.

"Bro you good?" He asked nudging me.

"Yeah man... She just fine as hell. Shit thanks for inviting me." I told him walking towards the table. I sat beside her and licked my lips. "Wassup Ma'?"