Chapter 1

Naomi Knite (in MM)

It was a rough ass night. I had went to the club with my sister Talia and her friend Jah'Mari. We all got too lit that night. I heard them yelling about last night and laughing. They both woke me up. I walked down the hallway of Talia and I's apartment. They were in the living room watching 'The Steve Harvey' show. I groaned looking at them.

"What the hell are y'all yelling for? Y'all are sitting right beside to each other." I groaned. They both looked at me like I was crazy.

"Hold on, before you even talk to us. Did you get some dick?" Talia asked. I walked away ignoring her question.

She followed right behind me. "Hello? Earth to Naomi!" She yelled. I began to get frustrated with her.

"No! I didn't. I don't want dick from a random ass nigga! I probably could've got aids fucking with half of the niggas that y'all pointed out!" I barked. All they did was laugh. I shook my head taking out the eggs, bacon, and pancake mix.

"It's okay girl, take your time." Mari said kindly. "Don't listen to yo fast ass sister over here." I shook my head at how crazy they are this early in the morning.

"I'm not crazy, I just want my sister to stop being cranky. She just need some stress reliever!" She joked humping me from behind. I couldn't help but to laugh at her craziness.

"Girl get the fuck off me and let me make y'all some breakfast." I pushed her off me. Mari and Talia walked over to the living room watching the show again.

"Oh I forgot to tell y'all, I got some dude's number. He just text me!" Mari giggled. I rolled my eyes. All these girls want is niggas. I'm not focusing on that right now. I'm trying to provide for my sister and our upcoming salon. We both just have to go through cosmetology school.

Talia is more into doing sew ins and wigs, while I want to style the hair and do different colors on people's hair. I always get Talia to do my sew ins whenever I want them in. Which is rare.

I began to cook them breakfast. I finished 10 minutes later. I announced that I was finished and they began to make their plates. I always eat the left overs. I sat with them at the island eating our breakfast like besties.

I heard someone's phone buzzing. It wasn't mine because mine is upstairs. Mari ran over to her phone and screamed. "Oh my gosh! Guys its him!" She giggled.

Talia ran over looking at the number being nosey. "Girl answer that shit!" She boosted.  She looked over at me and I smiled and nodded giving her confirmation.

She answered it nervously saying "Hello". She put on speaker as soon as she said it. Talia moved away so he couldn't hear her.

"Hey uhh.. this is Darius from the club." He said nervously. It was so cute.

"Yeah I remember. How are you from last night?" She asked giggling. She walked into my room closing the door. I stood up pulling Talia to her plate cause I know she was gonna be nosey listening through the door.

"Well when are you going to cosmetology school?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"I need some more money in my savings, then I'll go to cosmetology school." I said. I stood up walking to the sink putting my dishes away. "Oh and you're doing the dishes since I cooked."

"Girl! I just got my damn nails done!" She complained. I shook my head walking to my room walking in quietly.

"Okay see you then.." She hung up and looked at me cheesing! "You and Talia need to come with me tonight! I need someone to come while I meet him at the little shop."

"I can't do it. I got plans tonight." Talia said walking away. Mari looked at me with a pleading look. "Please girl! He said he'll bring someone for you to meet." I rolled my eyes and puffed.

"Why not." I mumbled. She hugged me tightly. "Okay. I'll pick you up tonight at 6pm! Thank You Mimi!" She ran out the room and out the house. Probably going to find something to wear. I guess I got to do the same.

Talia walked in. "I finished washing the dishes I'm going out okay? I'll see you later on when you get back from the little get together or whatever it is. Hopefully you find a nigga." She said walking out.

I'm tired of these girls always telling me to find a man! Maybe I'm not happy because of what happened to me 2 years ago! I wonder if they ever think about that..

Flashback | 2 Years Ago

"Baby come on" Craig cried.

Craig is my boyfriend. We've been dating since the 9th grade. Right now we're robing a bank in the hood. He cried my name as I continue to sit there in awe. I shot a poor innocent man. I was just in shock i couldn't move. I ran out to the car and he drove away quickly.

"Are you fucking stupid?" He yelled.

"I-I'm sorry. I was in shock okay." I said stuttering my words. He gripped the steering wheel while driving.

"You're so lucky we didn't get caught." He gritted through his teeth. I liked out the window seeing he was entering the highway.

"Where are we going Craig?!" I questioned. He didn't glance at me once. He kept his eyes on the road.

"Somewhere far away from here Naomi!" He yelled. I sat back in my seat and kept quiet.

*

As I woke up from my nap, he was pulling into a hotel parking lot. I sat up grabbing my phone and put my gun inside my pants. He grabbed the bag of money and got out the car quickly. He grabbed my hand guiding me into the lobby. As he was talking to the girl on the other side of the desk, the news announcer bean to talk about the robbery that happened. They posted a picture of the man that was killed. My heart dropped when I saw his wife and children crying. I walked to the elevator waiting for the doors to open. Craig wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked down.

Craig opened the door dropping the bag down to the side. I closed the door behind myself and sat on the bed.

"I can't believe I did that" I mumbled not wanting Craig to hear me, but that was the total opposite.

"Naomi shut the fuck up. Get the fuck over it. You killed someone yes. It's over dammit!" Tears fell down as he yelled in my face.

"Okay.." I said lowly. He sighed and got down on his knees in front of me.

"Look I know this shit is gonna haunt you, I know. You just gotta live with it. As soon as we get some rest we're going to be going across the country and living normal lives rich." He smiled to me. I smiled back and kissed him softly.

"I love you baby." I said once I pulled away.

He looked deeply into my eyes. "I love you too."

I heard the door open. Cops rushed in quickly. My eyes widened as I stood up. I tried to grab for my gun but one of the cops slammed me against the wall. Craig was wrestling with the other cop. Seconds later I heard a gun shot. Turning my head quickly, I saw the cop shot Craig.

"CRAIG!!" I screamed in disbelief. I broke down crying.

"Miss, be quiet." The cop said holding me down.

My heart dropped. This will always be in my heart. My first love getting shot in front of me. R.I.P Craig...

-

Vote & Comment

Thoughts on the First Chapter ?

Naomi's First Love?

5+ Comments 5+ Votes for next chapter