Chapter 16

It was getting closer and closer to the time my parents were getting home and I was getting more and more nervous.
What the hell are we thinking??
We don't have a house.
We are'nt married or even together.
Hell, were not even adults yet, have'nt even finished school, and here I am adopting a 4 year old little kid with Dinger in less than an hour and a half.

Bobby was God knows where, but he left after that Janice lady left, probably to go hang out with Lanie or something.
Oh well.
As of right now, I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Dinger to get out of the shower so we both can get ready and go.
No sooner after that, I heard the shower stop, so I ran upstairs and started getting clothes together.
He opened the door and walked out, so I grabbed the towel I had on the bed and ran inside the bathroom.
"Alright be out in 5", I said.
"Yep",he answered, then I closed the door and got in the shower.

A few minutes later, I got out and dried my hair, and got dressed, then walked out to see Dinger was getting dressed as well.
"Uhhhh your wearing that?", I looking him up and down.
"Your wearing that?",he shot back while laughing.
"I asked you first", I glared at him.
"Yea why not?",he shrugged.
"Why not?", I repeated and leaned on the doorframe.
I was dressed in a dress, I know, shocking, but I was in a dress, and Dinger?
He was in his everyday clothes, which were some ripped jeans, a Bob Marley T shirt, and his army jacket.
"Dinger, we have to look professional as we can!Were not going a Bon Jovi concert-this is serious!", I scoffed and walked back into the bathroom to towel dry my hair some more, then Dinger came in as well and started putting mouse in his hair.
"Then what do you recommend I wear?", he sighed and turned to me as he leaned on the counter.

"Glad you asked-follow me", I said, then turned and walked out of the bathroom and straight to Bobby's closet."You and Bobby seem to be about the same size...here just wear this."
I picked out a couple of things then handed it to him and he looked at me.
"Your kidding me right?",he said.
"Would you just-'"
I shoved him towards the bathroom and rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I sat down on the bed.
"Alright-fine!",he growled to himself as he took his army jacket off and threw it at me, then pointed a finger at me."But for the record, I'm doing this for Rosalie-not you."
"Whatever you say",I shrugged and rolled my eyes as he walked into the bathroom again and shut the door.

I sighed and looked down at my lap to see I was still holding his jacket, so I started lookin at all the patches and things he had on there.
Actually pretty cool, I dont know how I never noticed them before.
Pretty soon, I was so into his jacket I did'nt notice Dinger walk out.
"Ya like my jacket I see", he laughed and I looked up.
"Oh sorry", I shook my head and stood up."Well, lets see."
I looked him over and shrugged.
"Yea, not bad", I said."Oh wait you missed a couple buttons."

I stepped forward and did them up for him, but when I looked up, he was staring down at me.
"What?", I said.
"Nothing", he shook his head quickly."Come on let's just go."
After that, he walked out and I followed him down the stairs, then we grabbed the keys to my dad's car and we walked out.
We got in the car, and I of course drove because Dinger could'nt, and we drove all the way to the orphanage.
"How come you never told me you were put in a foster home?",I asked and turned back to the road.

"Never came up",he shrugged still staring out the window.
"Does Bobby even know?", I said and he shook his head then turned to look at me.
"Your the first person I've ever told",he sighed and turned to look out the window.
"Well thanks",I said and he gave me a confused look."Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me about it."
"..No problem...thanks for listening",he said, and we turned to each other exchanging a half smile before I looked back at the road.
The entire way there, we talked about a bunch of stuff, then we finally rolled up in the parking lot.

I put it in park, turned it off, then sighed as I leaned back in my seat.
"Ready?",I asked and looked over at him, and he looked over at me.
"Are you?",he retorted.
I let out another slow sigh as i looked back at the building in front of us.
"This is insane", I shook my head."Dinger, what the hell are we thinking?...We don't even have a house of our own...were not together or married, and were 17."
"Jazz..I told you I had this, and I do..I promised I'd make it work and I will...you can't back out on me now-"
"I'm not backing out on anything", I cut him off and slowly looked over at him, then sighed once more."I know I got this, but are you sure you do?"
"Positive",he answered.

I stared at him for a long time, before I breathed in deeply and nodded.
"Alright", I said and he smirked.
"Alright", he repeated.
We got out of the car, then locked it and walked inside.