Chapter 14

The next morning, I woke up and rolled over to see Dinger and Rose were'nt there, so I sat up quick.
"Dinger?", I called and then I heard laughing from downstairs so I relaxed a little knowing they were both still here and ok.
I looked around the room and saw Bobby had finally come up, and he was passed out on his bed on the other side of the room.
Its sad that as old as we are, we're still forced to share a room.
I stood up and stretched, then walked over to the mirror on the back of Bobbys closet door and looked at myself, hardly recognizing my reflection.

I looked dog-ass tired, with dark circles under my eyes, and my hair looked horrible .
Shaking my head at myself, I grabbed a hair tie off the table and walked down the stairs to the kitchen where I heard the laughing come from.
The sunlight from an open window blinded me as I walked passed it, putting my hair up into a messy bun, and I looked at the clock in the living room to see it was a little after 6:30.
I heard more giggling from the kitchen as I walked up to the doorway, and I leaned against it to see Dinger and Rose standing there trying to make pancakes.
"Ok watch, I'm gunna flip it like how Mommy taught me",he said then he grabbed the pan, and tried to flip it, but it stuck to the pan and Rose started laughing from her spot on the counter and I started laughing as well, so Dinger stopped immediately and put the spatula down.
"MOMMY!!YOUR UP!!",Rose cheered as she got down off the counter and hugged my legs."DADDY AND I WERE MAKING YOU BREAKFAST!!"

"You were??", I said as I picked her up and held her on my hip."Well Daddy watch you do this."
I walked over and grabbed the spatula and lifted up the sides of the pancake then set it down, and grabbed the pan flipping it, with one hand mind you, before I looked over at Dinger who had his arms crossed and his hip cocked out to the side.
"I-I could've done that", he shrugged.
"Mmm hmm", I said knowingly as I nodded at me and he smirked back at me.
I sighed and set Rose back on the counter then went over to the fridge to grab something to drink.
"How many you want Princess?",Dinger asked Rose, but she did'nt answer.
"Rose baby how many do you want?", I said as I looked through the fridge.
"No I was talkin to you",Dinger said and I looked at him from around the fridge door shocked.
He's never called me that before.

I watched as he looked up at me and raised his eyebrows."Well?"
"U-uh 3", I said, then he nodded and went back to what he was doing.
Still staring at him, shocked he called me that, in a nice voice mind you, I grabbed a Coke and leaned on the counter, watching him.
Like not creepily, but he looked good standin there, makin breakfast.
Rose looked at me, then looked at Dinger, then back at me.
"Mommy why are you staring at Daddy so much?",she blurted and I about choked my Coke I was drinking at that moment as Dinger turned around and smirked at me before goin back to cooking.

I rotated my neck, sighing, but stopped and cringe when I hit the knot in my neck.
"You ok mommy?",Rose asked.
"Yea baby , mommy's neck just hurts from work", I sighed and put my hand under my chin and my elbow on the counter.
"Where do you work mommy?",she said.
"Mommy works at a pizza place",Dinger smiled as he came up and put a big ass plate on pancakes on the counter in front of us, and my mouth slightly dropped.
"Oooo thats sounds fun!!I love pizza!!Is it like a castle??", she asked copying the hand thing I was doing and I smiled.
"Oh yea!Annnnd we have crowns that little princesses came wear when they come",I said and her eyes lit up.

"Really??", she said and I laughed then nodded.
"Yes", I nodded.
"Except, I'm not a princess Mommy, I'm a queen", she said then tried to snap her fingers and I busted out laughing then pretty soon so did Dinger.
She's so like me, it's hilarious.
"Mommy can I go watch Elmo?",Rose asked sweetly.
"Of course baby", I said then I helped her off the counter."You want me to make your plate of pancakes?"
"Yes please", she said as she ran into the living room.
"Alright", I said as I grabbed a plate out of the cabinet, and made her plate.

I looked over the island and passed the counter into the living room to see she had turned on Sesame Street and giggled at the screen, so I smiled and cut up her pancakes for her, then I grabbed another off the plate and took a bite.
"Not bad", I said.
"Yea well, I learned from watching you",he shrugged and leaned against the counter, arms crossed and I nodded."Just like you were watching me apparently a few minutes ago."
I rolled my eyes as I could almost hear the smirk in his voice.
"Oh get over yourself, I was'nt watching you", I lied and ate more of my pancake, then I turned around and opened another cabinet to get the syrup.
"Mmm hmm, according to Rose, you were",he smirked again.
"Oh get over yourself would you?...Rose you want syrup?", I yelled into the living room.
"Yes please Mommy!!!",she yelled back, so I put a bunch of syrup on her pancakes, picking it up then looking at Dinger again.

"Your not Johnny Deep, your not that fine", I said, then I walked into the living room to go give Rosalie her pancakes.
"Your not exactly Vanna White either",I heard him mutter and I rolled my eyes and then leaned over the couch and set Rose's plate beside her.
"There ya go baby", I said.
"Thank you Mommy!!Thank you Daddy!!", she called as I walked back into the kitchen.
"Your welcome sweetheart", we both called back and looked at each other before rolling our eyes at each other.
I jumped up and sat on the counter watching him cook the rest of the pancakes and I ate one as well.
"I was so tired last night, what time did the guy say the chick was gunna be here?", I asked.
"Umm, I think around 8",he said and I nodded, then he sighed sadly.
"Don't tell me your getting attached to her as well", I sighed and he laughed lightly as he turned to me and crossed his arms.

"I can't help it, shes adorable",he shrugged and I smiled a little.
I've never seen this side of Dinger, and it's honestly really sweet.
"I know she's adorable, but we can't keep her here...if we let this lady take her, shes gunna have a better life ya know?", I said.
"Yea, I know",he said at the ground, then he looked up and smiled at Rose in the living room, so I turned and saw she was clapping along to the Elmo's world theme song, and I smiled as well.
She's such a sweetheart, I hate like hell to have to give her up, but like I told Dinger, at least at this place she'll have a better life than what we can give her.