"Anyway, you said you were with Kipp and Kelly at his beach house. Do you remember how to get there?"

"I think so. The lights were still working out here, so I knew where I was going. I can try and lead you there."

"All right, let's go then. Hopefully, the infected haven't gotten 'em already..."

With our flashlights we had previously found, David and I, lead in the search for Kipp and Kelly, along with the friends we have found so far: Ty, Dwayne, and Cheyenne. As we walk down the beach, we notice the lack of sand and the lack of water, and it has me, and probably everyone else, very puzzled. While we walk, a bit of jealousy toward Kipp being alone with Kelly began to slip into my mind and enrage me.

"Ew! Zombies in bikinis, that's disgusting," Ty distracts me with his comedic disgust for the infected females stalking by us, and thanks to that, I regain my focus on our search.

Before long, we reach the beach house that belongs to Kipp's parents; according to Cheyenne. David, Dwayne, Ty, Cheyenne, and I climb the steps that are no longer touching ground, and first, notice the broken door. A deep pessimism arises in me, and everyone else probably feels the same way. We enter the house to begin an investigation, despite the loss of hope.

There are no infected people in sight, as we spread across the entire residence. Kipp and Kelly are not present either, however. At this point, we probably all truly begin to fear the worst outcome for Kipp and Kelly. I hate to admit it, but I know I did.

"Wait, what's that noise?" Ty notices something in the background.

"I hear it too. It sounds like a boat," David also catches it apparently.

"A boat? Really?" I question David's hearing.

The five of us run outside to check out the noise. It is too dark to see anything, and the sound is coming from quite a ways down the beach, it seems, so we leave the house, for now, to check it out. As we run nearly a mile down the beach, the sound is also drawing closer. Just as we reach shallow, sea water, just as predicted, a small, motor boat comes shredding through the ocean, toward us, at top speed. We quickly get out of its path, as it becomes grounded along the shore, its motor fan beating at the thin sand, until slowly coming to a halt, with the boat turning off. Just as we hesitatingly start to climb aboard, the cabin door of the vessel opens and out comes the two we seek. They are breathing slowly as if their stamina is beginning to run dry.

Kipp, a chubby, white American teen with long, light brown hair that was somewhat curly at the end, and had on a knit cap on his head and a thin sweat jacket and glasses and a goatee on his face, comes out first. Kelly, who had long, straight, beautiful, blond hair that had a stylish cut on one side, where her bangs pulled to the side, and a slim, curvy, and gorgeous body, comes out right after.

My jealousy returns.

*

All of us have been riding for a few hours, searching for others that are still alive. So far, there are seven of us: me, David, Dwayne, Ty, Kipp, Cheyenne, and Kelly. By now we have traveled far north from Los Angeles, and I am just waking up from a nap that I had taken. When I awake completely, I see that David is driving, Ty, Dwayne, and Cheyenne are watching the surroundings and seemingly lost in deep thought, and Kelly is cuddled up next to Kipp, to my surprise.

"Are you two together or something, now?" I ask them, somewhat in disgust.

"What do you care? Are you jealous or something?" Kelly counters.

"I don't really care. It just seems a little weird that you guys are a thing, all of a sudden."

"Well, at least Kipp is there for me when I need him!"