Lifeguard On Duty (Part 2)

{ Your POV }

"W-what happened?"

I had just woken up laying on top of this random guy... wait why the hell was I asleep?

"Hey beautiful," the stranger smiled sympathetically.

I opened my mouth to speak but instead I started having a coughing fit.

The guy pulled me closer.

"Hey hey it's okay, your alright... your safe now."

----- Flashback-----

I felt hands help me sit up as I opened my eyes.

I looked around confused as hell until someone turns my head to look at them.

I haven't even realized I had been sobbing until he pulls me into his chest.

"Aw sweetie it's going to be okay."

"Your okay. Everything's alright, your alright." he said as he began to rock me in his arms until I tired myself out from crying.

----- End Of Flashback -----

"I-I remember you," my raspy voice whispered shocked. "You held me when I was crying."

He smiled sympathetically.

"Wait why was I c-crying?" I asked barely audible due to the burning sensation in my throat.

The smile that once occupied his face was now replaced with worry.

"You don't remember?"

{ Colby's POV }

My heart broke.

This poor girl remembers waking up confused and crying, yet she doesn't know why.

I almost didn't want to tell her because I knew it would scare her.

"Um, well you were... you were out surfing when a wave came and knocked you under. Your board had gotten pinned to the ocean floor and you couldn't get your leg out of the leash. Y-you were trapped." I said while looking out into the distance.

I looked down into her eyes and saw that they were filled with panic.

"So what's your name princess?" I asked trying to distract her.

"Y/n," she said softly.

"Well y/n I'm Colby, nice to meet you," I smiled. "So, did you just happen to know that your laying on the lap of a ninja?"

She laughed.

Mission accomplished.

"Yes, contrary to the popular belief... there are actual ninjas and I just happen to be one."

"Prove it," she said smiling.

My heart warmed.

"Ok," I looked around and pointed,"Alright you see that concession stand over there?"

She sat up and nodded.

"Well, I can grab a drink from there without anyone noticing."

She laughed and shook her head no.

I gasped, "What? You don't believe me?"

"No," she giggled.

I melted at the sound of her.

"Alright then, just keep your eyes on the stand," I said as I slowly reached behind me to grab my water bottle.

She turns around to see me holding a water and her eyes widen.

"How did you do that," she asked grinning.

"A magician never reveals his secrets."

"I thought you were a ninja," she smirks.

"Busted," I said chuckling.

After talking for a couple more hours it starts getting dark.

Y/n lays her head on my chest as I wrap my arms tighter around her body.

We both just stare out towards the ocean as the sun sets.

I feel y/n move and turn my head to look down at her.

She kisses my cheek, "Thanks for saving me."

My cheeks hurt from the smile that just overwhelmed my face, "Guess we were just lucky I was on duty today."

______________________________________________________________________

Is Colby really comforting you if he's not trying to make you laugh by acting silly?

Comment what you thought of this part!