Incident

Hello again young ones, XD Sorry it took me long to update again. I hope you enjoy!

I lay on my bed rethinking the events of the past few days. A special bite? What could she have meant by that? Am I gonna get powers? Who knows. Will it be bad? Who knows. Do I wanna know the answers to these questions? ...... (Well no, but, because I have an audience to please,) I sure do! (Okay, I promise no more fourth wall breaking...... for now.)

A knock arose at my door as my mom trotted in. Wow woman, I didn't even answer. Sometimes I wonder what it was like when everyone gave you privacy. Yep, that was back in the good old days...... (Of 2013.) I could see the obvious worried look in her usually bright eyes. Is she trying to make me feel bad, because if so, she's doing an excellent job at it.

"Hey Sugarbear." She tells me quietly. Gosh, I HATE it when she calls me that...... though she already seemed hurt enough. It would just be plain rude to tell her that out loud.

"Hi mom." I respond in the same quiet voice. She sits down on my bed. I try to forcefully look away, but something in me kept my eyes drawn to hers.

"How are you feeling?" My mom continues, checking my temperature.

How am I feeling? Well, I leave friends and family behind constantly, I have a detention in science for existing, and I just went to the hospital first day of being in this town. I'm feeling great mom, just great!

"I don't feel sick and I don't feel any other side effects." I tell her instead, my eyes still drawn to hers. Why can't I look away? This feeling..... its weird. (No, not that kind of feeling...... oh nevermind.)

That magic feeling suddenly pushed away from me as a spotted an old picture on the top of my dresser. My first fishing trip experience. I had starved myself the entire day because I was expecting to get alot of fish.When the time came, I had caught nothing, not even a stick that had happened to be floating in the water. When I was just about to give up, I felt a tug on my line and my instinct.... thing... whatever, was able to pull up the fish. It had to be a shark, because that thing was the size of one! I devoured that fish to the bone, and my mother took a picture of the empty plate filled with bones, (That's an oxymoron) that I ate.

Seeing it made me hungry again. Suddenly, a large bark erupted around me. Must be the neighbor's dog, he barks all the time. (It makes me cringe just thinking about it.) I placed my hand over my mouth to find it open. I figured I must've yawned. Turning to see my mother's expression, however, changed my view. The bark didn't come from a dog.

It came from me.