The Bite

(A/N The boy Alexandra talked to at the lunch table, up in the media XD Obviously!)

(AND THIS IS ONE OF THOSE INTENSE PARTS OF THE STORY! IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT ANYMORE, SKIP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!)

I slowly and gracefully shoved the low hanging branches from the sagging, depressed trees out of my way. Maddox. Maddox was his name. It seems like only yesterday her invited me to come exploring in the forest with his friends. Oh wait, it was yesterday. Time flies by when you're having fun?

I stepped over a boulder to see a luscious, green meadow....... and a whole heap of people. He had alot of more friends then I had expected. I counted at least ten girls and eight other boys.

"Hey Alexandra!" Hey told me once I finally caught up to the group. "Glad you could make it, we were just about to start!" 

Cool, I thought, lets get this over with. Turns out my emotions didn't match my mouth.

"I'm kinda excited, let's go!" Is what actually came out. Though I'm not all that embarrassed. he smiled and signaled to everyone to follow him as we entered the deepest part of the forest.

We actually accomplished alot while walking. I met a couple of his friends, who all happened to have a lot of melanin. The girls were all into the same things that I was into, anime and food. (Which may I mind you, are the two most important things ever.) The boys weren't jocks, but they weren't nerds either, kinda a perfect mix of in between. I like it.

Apart from that, the forest was really pretty! No, not pretty, pretty couldn't begin to describe its beauty! It was really vibrant, with lots of flora and fauna as far as the eye could see! There were a lot of lovely, yet very distinctive smells. The aroma of red carnations, the sweet fragrance of pomegranates and....... wolves?

Maddox halted, causing everyone to fall in line behind him.

"What's wrong?" One of the girls, Aviana, asked him.

Maddox slowly started backing away. "We need to leave...... now."

I had no idea why he was so intent in leaving, but as a sound erupted in a couple of bushes in front of us, I suddenly saw why. Wolves, fangs bared at us. They looked like they hadn't eaten in days, I wasn't sticking around to see what they were planning on making their next meal.

Suddenly, Maddox sprinted in the direction we came, me right beside him and our friends following very closely behind. The wolves gave chase after us, determined not to give up their meal.

It was extremely hard to run...... well...... run while avoiding obstacles. Large rocks from the tops of trees as well as tree branches constantly hung in front of us, leaving us forced to take time to shove them out of our way before continuing.

The heavy sound of feet closed in behind me, making a greater noise then my heavy breathing. Before I new it, I was on the cold ground, with what felt like the weight of an elephant on me.

I felt scratching on my arm, then a huge bite as blood came spewing out of wrist.

"HELP!' I shouted, hoping my friends weren't to far gone to hear my distress.

But it was too late. I could hear their distant cheers. They had already escaped danger, and all it took was me as a diversion. Tears swelled down my face as I slipped into the darkness that slowly overtook my mind.